ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 172 Rust

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
yours look pretty bad for the mileage @Ant1 but no worse than mine and I've just gone with treat from inside, i'll probably have the sills covers off the outside over summer on both cars too to clean out and check

need to buy a rivet gun tbh

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
yours look pretty bad for the mileage @Ant1 but no worse than mine and I've just gone with treat from inside, i'll probably have the sills covers off the outside over summer on both cars too to clean out and check

need to buy a rivet gun tbh

I'm not fussed, it's not a huge job to replace when time comes. I have to remind myself that the car is 18 years old and lived near the sea. If this was a Evo equivalent it would ten times worse.

I reckon £400 for sills and another £500 to fit. No biggy.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Oh yeah agreed, they've reached stage now where spending the money is going to be worth it. I didn't mean yours was bad as in rotten or anything btw, didn't mean to ruffle like. Was just surprised for a 34k is it car?!

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I'm a little surprised by I guess what conditions the car was used and stored in. Like i sakes earlier the filler side is bang as is the rear. Sills small price to pay. Don't think there will Ben many phase 1s left in a few years.

Filler side?

Mileage maybe the reason. Not used, sat around, even garaged permanently, the car won't be able to breath or get any air around it. Mine has been sat up for 6 months plus now and it seems to be making things worse lol. For example the engine bay looks like it's been snowing!

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
f**king iPad. Underside around filler cap is spot on. I agree about being parked up, unless controlled environment it will certainly do them no good.

A good mate has his 5 GT Turbo project under a tent plastic sheeting with a industrial controlled dehumidifier going 24/7. He has a humidity/temp sender to his phone and I thought he was bonkers but after just a week of damp weather it was overflowing out of itself out the overflow pipe he fitted. Scary how much humidity was in the air before and after him doing this. Feels like a bubble when your inside it. The car itself is in great shape but everything outside of "the bubble" is suffering!

I hate England's weather lol...

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
The cill panels can be had for not a lot of cash. I recently had a full cill replaced and some parts of the inner cill on a project car.

was £400 all in, that included the panel, fitting and painting.

In the for sale section breaking

Petrol flap !

20180428_160319.jpg

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
This is the drivers side on my 2002 ph2 flamer, would you say that's as good as I could expect to find?

Attachments

• 20190304_181437.mp4
    21.1 MB