ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 172 itb'd on std ECU, page 13 on

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Hey Russ, 1st off what a good job.
I was going to try and fit some dcoe carbs a while back but decided it wasnt worth the hassle but this looks like a better job.

Just a couple of questions for you ?

Which Jenvey manifold have you used and do you have part numbers so I can price up the bits.

Also the pipe you have used for the Map sensor does it need to be a certain volume.

What about the idle, on the ph1 it uses the black hose that draws air in around the TB, is that what is on the end of the Map "pipe"

Cheers

53 Clio's & counting
Hi mate,thank you for the kind words :)

The manifold is the standard Jenvey itb unit for the F4R, i think from memory its part number is MR23. I then used some DCOE to itb adaptors and modified them to fit the DCOE's to the itb manifold.

The volume will effect it overal mate, in fact im getting some different sized ones made up to try, once iv done this il release more info :)

Your correct, as the standard inlet is removed, the idle control valve is now redundant, there are idle screws on the itb's to make the car idle, so no need for an icv.

The pipe you see on the end of the MAP tank is th take off for the brake servo, I wanted it to come off this more than running it off the inlet manifold as per all other itb kits due to it having a vacuum reading coming off each manifold port, If i ran the brake servo off the manifold also I was worried it might give a false reading off one manifold port.

Thankfully though, taking it off the MAP tank works very well, Iv had this on track recently and it works under hard pressure too.

Have a read of page 13 if you havent had the chance matey, I have pretty pics :D

53 Clio's & counting
Mostly pulse effect mate, the MAP sensor needs a 'clean' reading, if the MAP tank it too small then you get a pulse effect and the MAP readings are incorrect. You also need to make sure there will be no issues with brake servo also.

53 Clio's & counting
Few photo's from Castle Combe at the weekend :)

20100612_classiccombe_2.jpg

20100612_classiccombe_17.jpg

20100612_classiccombe_19.jpg

20100612_classiccombe_26.jpg

20100612_classiccombe_27.jpg

20100612_classiccombe_28.jpg

Big thanks to Lyn from Rebel Motorsport for the pictures :)

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Very cool, been saying for years someone needs to do this with the standard ecu to keep it a bit more factory :)

Everyone always told me couldn't be done or no point though ;)

53 Clio's & counting
Yeah same with me mate, suppose it just cant be done ;)

Will be even better once iv tidied up the wiring, making it look more factory :)

53 Clio's & counting
I definately need new brakes lol, but I have 3 business cars to get ready for sale, plus a 4th coming at the weekend so the Clio wont get touched till at least next week :(

53 Clio's & counting
I do like Combe, been driving it for about 12 years or so :)

Yeah I am a little heavy on them lol, I dont think my bank balance will let me get 4 pots :(

Coupe/Defender V8
12 years..old timer tbh

No need for the sad face - good set of discs and pads will sort you out - 4pots are good for the progression tho

53 Clio's & counting
Cheers matey, yeah they are fine, I also have a spare set in my garage lol, I love having the best brakes I can, even though mine can get from 100-0 in around 4 secs I can just make them go off after a few hard laps, they still work ok, but not as good as id like

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I cannot believe how wide the track looks there!!

When you're going through there at 60 it feels half the width of that!

53 Clio's & counting
Carbone lorraines ;) your welcome to my calipers once ive got my mahoosive ones on will have to speak to yuou about .:R32 discs ;)

No worries mate, im sure i can work out some sort of discount lol

Calipers? Txt pls!

I cannot believe how wide the track looks there!!

When you're going through there at 60 it feels half the width of that!

Tell me about it Dan! In the pics, Combe looks so weird! It looks so wide as you said, im haing to pile on loads of lock as it feels like the right hander after this corner feels so tight!

53 Clio's & counting
Not sure yet matey, but iv never had the oppotunity to be able to afford anything better, well anything thats better fun per £, but im lucky to be in that position, and iv got something in mind but you will all have to wait and see...

53 Clio's & counting
lol iv been using one of the cars iv got at the mo (Bora Tdi) so although torquey, the Clio should feel like a rocket ship

I'm gonna be buying a Ph1 Clio 172 next February, if it were next Feb right now I would be very very very tempted!

Car looks great man, I love reading through a whole progress threads like this - Car is almost perfect! ;)

Russ, good luck with the sale... I doubt you'll be doing anymore testing with the vac canister size then?! (How bad is that waiting for someone else to test stuff!) Do you know what capacity the one you're using is, and did you try any other sizes before you put that one on?! The Jap boys normally say 1/2 capacity of the engine, but that's a big old canister then. I was thinking around 0.75l but yours doesn't look near that!

53 Clio's & counting
^^ :S That came across a bit funny

I have 2 others that im making atm mate, and yes they will be tried before I sell it and yes I will post my findings!

Edit: It might not be being sold yet.....