ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ph1 172 clio sport build

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
hi everyone, been on here for a little while now so i think its time to show you all my ph1 clio sport.

i bought my ph1 clio sport beginning of december.
Its a 2000 'w' reg in silver, 4 owners. 70,028miles on it.
i bought the car with a slipped timing belt and some messy valves. so i got the car home and me and my brother cracked on with it straight, taking the engine out. took the head off and in exitment found that there was no damage to the pistons, so there was alot off my mind.

Now i could think about buying everything to get it back together. i got on the phone to ap-developments and bought a complete head off him as all the valves on mine were bent.

the list:

new complete head done
gasket set done
head bolts done
alternator done
starter motor done
water pump done
cam belt kit done
aux belt and tensioner done
matched inlet done
standard ph1 air box done
iridium spark plugs awaiting delivery
magnecor ignition leads (8.5mm red) awaiting delivery
front brembo max disks, ferodo ds2500 pads done
ktr track sport series rear disks, ferodo ds rear pads done
goodridge braided lines awaiting delivery

once all the top end stuff was bought the engine was taken to
ap developments to have the head put on, along with the cam belt and aux belt also had my inlet matched while it was there.

When the car is up and running i will be taking it to prospeed in cardiff for a full system then going back to ap developments for the car to be mapped.

trying to get pictures up asap.

comments welcome.

gez