ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ph1 1.2 clio into a mk2 looker ??

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Hiya,

is it possible to make a 1.2 clio ph1 into a mk2 sport look alike ?

my thoughts are:
new rear bumper
newfront wings - i appreciate these maybe hard to find
new front bumper
new bonnet
new lights - connections all the same ?
slam panel ?
grill

has this been done before ?-

is it easier to make it look like a ph1 sport ? as in just front wings and front bumper i will be able to use the same bonnet then - get a new shape bumper tho.

I do own a 172, this is just a project for a friend that im gathering info for

if anyone has any info or pics please help lol :)
ben

Chocolate Bar™
its been done before, i think it was done by Matt (MATTBLACK) who owns a renault breakers if i remember rightly. I think your pretty much spot on with that list.

M2 Competition
Would the effort be worth it though mate? For that sort of money, you could probably buy a m2 ph1 172!

Renault produced an update kit for the cup racecars.

Would be worth knowing what parts this consisted of :D

The front is the only part of my car left untouched lol

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Cheers fellas, was just wondering if everything was interchangable, ie clio mk2 p1 upgrading to mk2 p2 172 - do they use the same slam panels ?

the car has been in the family for years - no need to sell it, used as a run around, i just wanted a little bit of a project, no intentio of doing the engine side etc, just be nice to make a sport lookalike from a mk2 p1.

cheers

Kinsella said:
Cheers fellas, was just wondering if everything was interchangable, ie clio mk2 p1 upgrading to mk2 p2 172 - do they use the same slam panels ?

the car has been in the family for years - no need to sell it, used as a run around, i just wanted a little bit of a project, no intentio of doing the engine side etc, just be nice to make a sport lookalike from a mk2 p1.
Yep all fits staright off but its not cheap unless you can get the parts from a scrappie.

Don't forget the 172 has a wider front track SO on stock wheel it won't look right.