ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph-Quick Rally Car Build

RB 182 Cup
*Raise the front and re do the tracking to suit
*Fit new rear brake pads
*Try and complete more road miles in the car
*Fit the slicks to the car
*Clean and polish the car, and clean the glass. If I have time, I probably should clay it as well, to try and remove all the griding swarf, before it all goes rusty!
*Fit the new nearside wheel arch liner (on order)
*Take some exterior shots and post them on here!

Spent a few hours on the car tonight, and raised the springs on the front, but still need to do the tracking. The wheel arch liner turned up, so I fitted that, and I also fitted the rear pads. The next night I have on the car is Thursday, so nothing like last minute! Hopefully I'll track the car up then, and polish the car, clean the glass and I also need to do an oil and filter change. :eek:

Still bricking it too! :quiet: Sure I'll be fine when I get going! :race:

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Sure it'll all be fine mate. Thanks for the dash info, never thought about making it 2 pieces, i have a spare dash top for 'neat' and a one i've hacked up already so will do some more experimenting.
Russ

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Re dash removal - thanks

I know what you mean about nervous about your next rally as I used to do a few in my historic Cooper S and on the start line of our first event a few years back I pushed the clutch in ready for the countdown marshal but because of nerves my leg was shaking that much my foot slipped of the clutch and gave us a false start! :eek:

What other events are you planning to do as I still love rallying but my budget means the nearest I get now is sprints and hillclimbs.

PS I like the cup stickers I might pinch your idea :)

RB 182 Cup
Re dash removal - thanks

I know what you mean about nervous about your next rally as I used to do a few in my historic Cooper S and on the start line of our first event a few years back I pushed the clutch in ready for the countdown marshal but because of nerves my leg was shaking that much my foot slipped of the clutch and gave us a false start! :eek:

What other events are you planning to do as I still love rallying but my budget means the nearest I get now is sprints and hillclimbs.

PS I like the cup stickers I might pinch your idea :)

Nerves make you do stupid things... A mate of my dad's was on the start line once, selected a gear, his navigator gave a count down 3-2-1 and he shot off backwards into the next car in the queue for the start line!
I tend to find that as soon as the lights go green, the nerves dissapear.

The event I'm doing on Sunday is a Rally Time Trial, which is like a sprint but for Rally cars on a 4 mile course, started at 30 second intervals. If I like it, I'll do more as they are heaper than single venue tarmac rallies. However, I do enjoy the tighter, twistier, more technical rallies to airfield venues. Afteral, this is whee the Clios strengths lie. I also want to do one of the events at Caerwent, near chepstow this year.

The stickers I got off ebay for £28, I'll find you a link if you want.

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Yep nerves are good once you get going!
I have competed at Caerwent and if my memory serves me right won my class and a mighty cash prize of £100 kinda makes me a professional ;):approve:

Good luck and hopefully will catch you some time this year.

Link would be good thanks

RB 182 Cup
Yeah, I was out and about today trying to complete some road miles.

The car is more or less done, just a couple of little jobs to do tomorrow, so i will post an update then. :)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
where is your even mate? as many details as possible???

i was going to head to breane with my dad, but he has pulled out, and its like £20 a car to enter

Clio Cup UK 182 Rally Car
spill the beans, how much???

Only just seen this thread, nice car! I'll probably make you cry now, but we've got all RSports old stock of Clio Cup Ph2 Race car bits, handle shrouds and everything. Pretty much everything you need to build a car, shells, engine parts, nuts, bolts, harnesses etc etc

We sell the handles for £30 delivered.

Check out our car on the projects page,

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=446218

Scott.

RB 182 Cup
where is your even mate? as many details as possible???

i was going to head to breane with my dad, but he has pulled out, and its like £20 a car to enter

The rally sprint is at Weston airfield. If you head to Weston europark (BS24 9AA) and go past the security gate, to the end of the road, turn left then follow the road right you'll end up in the service area. Not sure how much you'll be able to see from there, as there are no spectator facilities. Doesn't cost anything though. You could always sign on as a Marshall to get out onto the stage though. Might see you there!

Anyway, the car is all done and ready to go. Can't wait!

RB 182 Cup
How did you get on then mate. all go according to plan? Be nice to see some event pics.
Russ

Well, both the car and me survived! :D

Had a good day, and the car performed faultlessly. In the end I finished 6th in class, and showed improvement every time I went out.

As a bonus Russel Brookes was there competing in his ex works Manta, so I can genuinley say I have competed against a British rally champion!

I'm just uploading the photos I have been given to photobucket, and then I'll post them. I also have an on board video, but I'm trying to edit it and Windows Move Maker is being a git!

Last edited:
  RB 182 Cup
Photos:

IMG_3011.jpg

W-S-MMotorClub001.jpg

W-S-MMotorClub002.jpg

WestonAirfieldRallySprint31Jan10004.jpg

Movie maker is still being a git. I can load the clips, edit them and then watch the storyboard all fine, but as soon as I click publish it crashes. :mad:

RB 182 Cup
Finally a quiet day at work, so I now have time to reply to a few comments. I think I have sorted out the in car, so I'm just uploading it to youtube now. I hope the quality is ok!

Saw your car this evening on M5 and on the A38 through Rooksbridge. Very nice car mate.

As I mentioned above, I was out and about doing some road miles. I take it you are fairly local? I work at Tarnock Garage if you want to pop in and take a closer look at the car.

Check out our car on the projects page,

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=446218

Scott.

Cheers Scott. Already seen your car. Awesome stuff! Want to lend me your sequential box?! ;)

Awesome! Any 'finished' pics?

Cheers! If the in action shots don't do it, I'm hoping to get a mate to take some better static shots for the website, and I'll obviously post them here when he does.

Ha ha ha ha a rally car is never done, you will alway's find somthing to do especially when you start competing, good luck lad.
I'm out at Blackpool with a couple of other clio rally car's this weekend coming, on the Northwest stage's http://www.nwstages.co.uk/ :D

Well, it was done enough to get through the event. I have a big list of little jobs still to be done. Good luck on the Northwest.
icon14.gif

Nice one mate, looks right at home out there, although i think i would get b0llocked at scrut with numbers on my leon like that!
Russ

Thanks Russ. I was told that numbers would be available to buy at scrut, but when I got there, there was none! I begged and stole the ones I had. I think it looks a bit "Rat"! ;)

I was well pleased with the performance on the car... I was behind a Celica GT4 for one part of the stage, and managed to keep up. :approve: