ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ph-purchase roadtrip...

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
well as zmaster2k has shown on this very forum i was carless from friday evening onwards, but hopefully not for too long, on the saturday was the 400 mile round trip to hopefully purchase my new car...here's how it went.

left home (somerset) at 9am
me and danlp6 in his stripped, bucketed valver
100_1678.gif

landmarks for reference
100_1679.gif

the compulsury (sp) M3 fleet services pee stop
100_1680-1.gif

the 197 we saw on the M25, he didn't want to play sadly, maybe because they all looked like hairdressers
100_1681-1.gif

dartford tunnel (dan's valver sounded gorgeous in here, got the elise driver looking)
100_1682-1.gif

then this monstosity, the driver thought i was taking a picture because it looked good, he was smiling away.....fool
100_1683.gif

100_1684-1.gif

then the viewing........kilmards 172
100_1686-1.gif

the contemplation and insurance call
100_1685.gif

after the purchase...
100_1687-1.jpg

i am a happy camper

Nice pics, I see what you mean about that er, "thing" on the road now, hideous :)

Loving the car in the metal (and Justin's), quite jealous!

f**king hell, how dirty is it now in comparison lol.

sorry i couldnt do the honours bud with the lift and all.

Cheers chris, well as i said you will be invited to the meet when neil,ads and myslef sort something out.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
cheers tucks, love you too

it was a fiesta chaps...lol

jamie - compared to dans valver power wise, we didn't really rag it as i don't know the car but on one section of the way home we were alongisde and in 3/4th he pulled initally but then the 172 pulled past easily.

totally different car to drive though

is quite dirty now though, will get a good clean

BMW E46 330i Touring
Totally, totally average.

And I'm completely, utterly jealous.

Get the 'shoot arranged SW Area Reps and get Mr. Award-winning-photographer along to get some pictures. :)

Oh, and the one thing I would change - the Ph-Quick stickers, doesn't suit the standard-ness IMO.

Nice one car looks great:) I thought it would be a good un as kmillard (sp) always seems to have clean motors.

That fiesta is just laughable tbh, proper fast car mag type of crap:rolleyes:

Nice one car looks great:) I thought it would be a good un as kmillard (sp) always seems to have clean motors.

That fiesta is just laughable tbh, proper fast car mag type of crap:rolleyes:

Cheers mate, only minters for me!

Will miss this one but it had to go for a diesel.

bass_direct

ClioSport Club Member
  375bhp mk1 +Williams
nice car mate, and nice valver

that fiesta lives about 10 minutes from me, it used to be green lol

isn't that the 197 owned by performance french cars (pgti)

'92 172, Lotus Elise
Looks good mate! :)

Good to see Dan does actually have some free time though! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Nice one 'bone......

All you need now is a cup splitter, silvervisions, and some turinis ;)

Keep it original my love, it looks awesome.

Oh, and for the record, the biggest mistake i ever made was selling my ph-1 172.

Last edited:
  320d
Congrats mate... looks a great example with good mileage

Any plans for it?

I'm a 172 owner again aswell as of last saturday

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
i have a few little plans for it yes, they will initially all be subtle but then i may get into some more elaborate mods

dan - i was thinking about a cup splitter mate (will maybe talk to you) also some silvervisions, some new mats for it....all little bits really

i am loosing the gdi stickers and am debating the ph-quick stickers, what do people think?