ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH for sale pages not what they used to be

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Is it just me or do the PH classifieds just seem a complete ballache these days?
Takes ages to load, loads more traders with generic boring ads and there's a definite price premium on cars advertised on there.
I remember the good old days not so long ago, it was free to advertise on there and was good to browse, now it's just a pain in the ass with adverts loading etc.
Anyway, rant over - and I can't stop looking at Clio 197/200's :smile:

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Ha, who knows. Id like one cos I know how much fun they are and they're at an affordable price now as well as cheap to run if well maintained.

I still hanker for something with a soundtrack like an r32 golf or even an xjr jag/v8 saloon but not sure if I can be arsed with something old needing constant attention

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
37   0   0
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Xjr? Mmm. Is a car I'm looking at too (197) but feel I may be a bit dissapointed, like the megane I had

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
They were pish when I was selling the M3 (well, when @Scrooge was selling it). No bites in a week, goes up on AutoTrader, flurry of calls and viewings
Yeah same - nothing when selling the MPS, but then again it was the 30th Dec! Think it went within 4 days of Ebay though.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Xjr? Mmm. Is a car I'm looking at too (197) but feel I may be a bit dissapointed, like the megane I had
XJR cos V8 supercharged - ha, the noise!!
Clio 197 if it were a really good example and lightly modded, otherwise it'd have to be a 200 as my bro has one and I couldn't handle the banter if I had an older/lesser model

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Ha ha. I assume you have driven the 200. Potential budget for a new car in the next month or two will be around 5500. Have looked at the Mazda mps too, yeah I know.

More than likely will probably keep mine/decisive

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Ha ha. I assume you have driven the 200. Potential budget for a new car in the next month or two will be around 5500. Have looked at the Mazda mps too, yeah I know.

More than likely will probably keep mine/decisive

Hired one around Nurburg with RSR but that's it really. MPS blurghhhhhhhhh

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it just me or do the PH classifieds just seem a complete ballache these days?
Takes ages to load, loads more traders with generic boring ads and there's a definite price premium on cars advertised on there.
I remember the good old days not so long ago, it was free to advertise on there and was good to browse, now it's just a pain in the ass with adverts loading etc.
Anyway, rant over - and I can't stop looking at Clio 197/200's [emoji2]
Totally agree mate. I thought it was just every PC I sat down to use was utter shite!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I average around 20mpg. Some people have said they've hit 30 but I've never got passed 25.1 personally.
20 mpg from a 2.0 car that weighs as much as a tinned fart?? My 330ci gets 30-35 on a run, Civic I'd say 30+.
Maybe just a 200 then - my brother says it's a breath of fresh air MPG wise after his MkIV R32

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
20 mpg from a 2.0 car that weighs as much as a tinned fart?? My 330ci gets 30-35 on a run, Civic I'd say 30+.
Maybe just a 200 then - my brother says it's a breath of fresh air MPG wise after his MkIV R32
1.3tonne I believe as standard.

Trust me, for the juice it drinks you can get a lot faster.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
So it's not really an improved 1*2, just a heavier, better handling go kart? Not many nicely balanced 2.0 n/a revvy cars these days or am I wrong?

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
So it's not really an improved 1*2, just a heavier, better handling go kart? Not many nicely balanced 2.0 n/a revvy cars these days or am I wrong?
They're on par to be honest mate. A bit more powerful but the extra weight doesn't help it in terms of speed. It's a more "solid 182" if you like. Just a bit thirstier.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
They're on par to be honest mate. A bit more powerful but the extra weight doesn't help it in terms of speed. It's a more "solid 182" if you like. Just a bit thirstier.
20 mpg is more than a bit tho! My 172s I was getting 35 easy maybe more on a long boring run. My 330 will do 35 and civic say 30 so 20 is V8 territory

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
13   0   0
  Gentlemans spec 200
20 mpg is more than a bit tho! My 172s I was getting 35 easy maybe more on a long boring run. My 330 will do 35 and civic say 30 so 20 is V8 territory
I averaged 32 in my 200. And 31 in my modified r26.

Having owned both, there's not a single reason to recommend a 200 over an r26.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I averaged 32 in my 200. And 31 in my modified r26.

Having owned both, there's not a single reason to recommend a 200 over an r26.
That's more like it. Thinking of selling the civic (and probs BMW if so) after nurburgring you see to free up space and costs and stick it all into one car for all fun/everyday things while having something a bit newer that I can keep tip top

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Well that's the 197 idea out again. Mine averages 34 and I drive it, er well. But fook getting 20mpg in pretty much a similar car. I got miffed at that in an impreza lol

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Don't get me wrong, I love my 197 and it puts a smile on my face every time I drive it but the running costs are awful.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I average around 20mpg. Some people have said they've hit 30 but I've never got passed 25.1 personally.
I still don't understand how you can't get more out of them. I drive a much heavier car (it's a good 200kg up on a 197/200), with more power, larger engine (that's hardly the height of efficiency) and it'll do 31ish mpg on a run

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I still don't understand how you can't get more out of them. I drive a much heavier car (it's a good 200kg up on a 197/200), with more power, larger engine (that's hardly the height of efficiency) and it'll do 31ish mpg on a run
No idea mate. That's what I was trying to say, for the power it produces the fuel economy is shocking. I'm not sure what makes them so thirsty to be honest.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Also, to further the "cheap running" costs, just an example.

Lower ball joints on these are awful. If yours goes, you'll soon find out Renault will only sell the full hub assembly and not the ball joints seperately. Of course, you can get hold of them alone and get someone to press them in but it's a pain in the hoop and it's not cheap labour either.

The flexis are made out of tracing paper, be prepared to have a few of them welded in over time unless you change the manifold.

The rear springs are off in seconds but the fronts are half a days work (imo)!

I'm not trying to put OP off but don't want you jumping in to something that'll later bite you in the anoos.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Sound advice Lee. I like the look and they probably drive well. But for me it wouldn't be a great move. Mps 3 will be my next car. Then another Clio, obcs

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Trader Rating - 100%
7   0   0
They were pish when I was selling the M3 (well, when @Scrooge was selling it). No bites in a week, goes up on AutoTrader, flurry of calls and viewings
I sold my 182 within 8 hours on autotrader.

Was shocked at the £35 listing fee at first, but worth it for the quick sale.