ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PGA Tour Golf (Tiger Woods/Rory McIlroy)

Clio
Release date in June and they have recently announced that Rory McIlroy will be the face.
The highlight for me is no loading times between rounds.
Probably my favourite game franchise ever on any console.
Anyone else getting it?
https://www.easports.com/uk/pga-tour
Note: I don't think it really works saying fancy a game of Rory McIlroys. I think I'll still call it Tiger Woods.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
This would be a day one purchase for me if I enjoyed golf.

Sadly, I f*cking hate it.

I'm out.

/Bannatyne

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Although I did have Arnold Palmer Tournament Golf on the Megadrive, and PGA Tour Golf, too.

Who the hell plays golf to that music? No one. I muted it, FYI.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I laughed when I saw it was Rory, we used to play little competitions in the pub and the house, was great fun, few bets and a few beers.

Feels weird now, i'll possibly pick it up. I found without multiplayer it could become repetitive.

Clio
I think I like it because its a pick up and play 30 minute round kind of game.
As I don't get long continuous periods to play very often I don't find them repetitive. Suits my style of play I suppose.

I also had PGA tour golf on the Amiga. Use to love going to the PGA tour shop to buy new clubs and shizzle. Thought it was amazing at the time.
The best golf game ever created was Swing Away Golf on the PS2. Again has a very annoying repetitive tune.

Goliath I
Used to play them a few years back, one mate was well into it so it was all more enjoyable kicking his ass lol

I've never liked the whole 'adding spin after the shot' that most of the golf games have these days.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Golf games peaked at World Class Leader Board
"Ooooh can't be too happy about that one"

Game was the f**king tits. It had real sounds and an awesome announcer

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
My first golf game was on the Atari 2600 - and yep, it was crap!
I had one on the C-64, but can't remember the name of it.
The one I played the most was the original PGA Tour Golf on the Amiga - along with the expansion packs. I then switched that game to the PC and although I tried the Links series by Accolade, it was never quite the same.
Left the genre for years before retrying Tiger Woods (2007?) on the PSP. That was a great platform for that type of game. Also tried one of the Tiger Woods games on the Wii - but it was a bit ropey.
Definitely a niche product - and I get the impression that the American market makes up the vast majority of the sales - much like the NBA and American Football type games.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Golf games peaked at World Class Leader Board
"Ooooh can't be too happy about that one"

Game was the f**king tits. It had real sounds and an awesome announcer

Yes! Used to love this game! Spent hours on it as a kid.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Was thinking the other day on the Mega Drive I had everything EA made! FIFA, PGA Tour, NBA Jam, John Madden & EA Hockey... the only one I carried on enjoying was the golf games, so yes, I'll definitely be getting this!

RS Clio 182
I may have to check this out...i presume the graphics should be spectacular for a golf game now on next gen?! Im more excited about the new everybodys golf coming to PS4 though...that will take over my life for a few months online hehe.

Clio
17th July release date. I was hoping for June.

They've got some of the new features up now. Looks all good for the new swing types and fully customisable.

Clio
Night time challenge looks a bit meh.
Worse thing about the whole thing is only 8 real courses! then 3 fantasy one. Well disappointed. No Augusta.

RS Clio 182
I was expecting this to look better on this gen? doesnt look too different from the PS3 version...the trees look poor. I was expecting to be amazed! Also all the HUD looks a bit dated and 'square'...

Clio
I'm not allowed. We go on holiday next week and she said I'm not allowed it until we get back.

Looking at the lack of courses I'm a bit disappointed and only 12 real golfers? The night club mode looks a little s**t as well.

I was thinking what features I would like introduced and I think a caddy system would be good, where by you need to pay for them out of your career earnings, the more you earn/pay you get better advice for clubs and shot type etc.

DCi
Missus picked this up for me yesterday... Only had a little go so far... Couldn't find the aim button but not sure if they've just turned that off as I suppose you can't see accurately 300 yards where you are going

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Got it for a late birthday present and I'm so disappointed, as it's proper s**t. 10 mins in and I turned it off.

celicaturbolly

ClioSport Club Member
  Kona , Old Defender
I was really looking forward to this game too, golf games are a nice change of pace in gaming from the intense shooting or driving games

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
The Golf Club seems to get generally better reviews so thinking of getting that now... however it's very hard to get hold of; it's over £80 on Amazon!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Don't do digital downloads, but cheers for the info. Found it online for £24 in the end, it's an American copy but apparently no PS4 games are region locked.

Clio
Did anyone get this? Is the career mode as s**t as the reviews say? I'm not buying it unless it is fixed as I only play career.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
So many bad reviews mate I gave up on the gold idea for now lol... apparently Everybody's Golf is going to be the one to get so hopefully there'll be a reveal soon.

Clio
So I caved in and bought this. Tesco £46, Tesco click and collect £30. 5-7 day delivery so bought both and will take back the click and collect one to Tesco and get my £46 refunded. What a s**t shop that they won't price match.

Anyway, disappointed. Career mode isn't very good. I don't see any point in winning tournaments as there is no concept of prize money and being able to purchase any items with cash, its all done on XP points and you don't get any extra for winning tournaments. So it is just like playing a round of golf with no aim.

Its silly easy as well. I'm trying to tweak the difficulty but playing arcade. Running the following:
You can have the maximum difficulty, with these settings...
Swing mechanic arcade
shot shaping on (diagonal analog swing for draw and fade shot
lie effect advanced (affect both power and accuracy of your shot)
swing difficulty hard (error in swing is severely punished)
power boost off (no power swing)
wind gust on (random wind gust)
spin control off (can't spin the ball mid air)
zoom on
green grid on
aiming arc off
put grid off (putt read line not displayed)

Still winning tournaments by finishing 20+ under par after 4 rounds. They are usually low teens. So I've usually got a 10 stroke winning margin.

I was hoping that the game would start off like all the previous where your starting career bloe was pants and you really needed to be on your game to get pars and then you can choose your attirbutes to increase yourself. That way you can see yourself improving. This just seems to start out with you being almost very good and just playing to max out and become super human.

Had a look at the on line competitions and people are shooting 32 under on 18 hole tournaments? I think that shows how easy it gets.

Nightclub is alright if you are waiting for a pizza to cook or the Mrs to get ready. Thats about it.