ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Petrol Prices

Audi TT 3.2 V6
wow im feeling shafted at the mo just paid 97.9p for normal unleaded fuel. prices just keep on going up and up at the minute, and whats worse is the road conditions only get worse :(

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
I paid 109.9 for high octane at texaco yesterday..... never again lol, hasnt even lasted very well either!

Audi TT 3.2 V6
ragging a 1.2s costing enough....a 2.0's consumption is an unbearable thought. im driving to economy now :(

White16valver said:
Er, never?

What (labour) government has ever cut taxes? lol
The petrol price fluctuations have nothing to do with the government, it's all to do with the price of crude oil.

When the middle east stablises (fat chance of that in the next decade) then it won't fluctuate as much, but the price of fuel will always rise... it's called inflation.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
the killer is the fact that the goverment blame prices on the middle east crisis....yet the fuel in the petrol stations tanks was shipped a couple of months before the crisis....yet we recieve the price hike immidietly...funny that!

UR 197, AB 182 FF
ah yes but dont forget 47p in every litre is pure tax, and then they charge you VAT on top!

MikeDX said:
ah yes but dont forget 47p in every litre is pure tax, and then they charge you VAT on top!
Yes, but the government isn't going to keep adjusting the tax percentage everytime the price of crude oil fluctuates (seems every ten minutes).

russ9898 said:
the killer is the fact that the goverment blame prices on the middle east crisis....yet the fuel in the petrol stations tanks was shipped a couple of months before the crisis....yet we recieve the price hike immidietly...funny that!
Not really, they're charging you now for the increase that's currently being set. You're not getting charged twice for the same increase.

172 Cup 2003
ture in theory 172.COM but our government charge as the highest tax on our fuel! takes the p**s coz they know we have to pay it at the end of the day they win....

*choose to pay 104+ for high octane and they win through tax
*choose to leave the car at home and walk or bike, less polution less congestion they win through being seen and meetin their green targets.
*choose to get te train or bus they win again!

Audi TT 3.2 V6
dale172 said:
ture in theory 172.COM but our government charge as the highest tax on our fuel! takes the p**s coz they know we have to pay it at the end of the day they win....

*choose to pay 104+ for high octane and they win through tax
*choose to leave the car at home and walk or bike, less polution less congestion they win through being seen and meetin their green targets.
*choose to get te train or bus they win again!

saddly true :(

Its a bit stupid I paid 99.9 on Monday for a full tank and even with the mpg I get its still a lot I'm paying per month.

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
i have heard that there is actually more than enough oil, and that the only problem is obtaining it.

and seperating it from the crap.

They've got the easy oil, but that is only about 40% or 60% of the wells they tap.....or so i've heard.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Hate to rub it in guys but i currently pay 1 pound a GALLON,lol. Have done for the best part of 13 months.

Oil will run eventually but they estimate reserves for at least 100 years +. The UAE and Saudi have enough reserves to run the world's supply if it ever came to that.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
my argument isnt over the price of oil. its the tax our goverment slaps onto each litre we buy. i went over 2 spain recently and theyre were paying like 70cent a litre which i think worked out around 50p

now even if oil prices have gone up and they now pay 60p a litre....then were still paying over the odds :(

Ph1
russ9898 said:
my argument isnt over the price of oil. its the tax our goverment slaps onto each litre we buy. i went over 2 spain recently and theyre were paying like 70cent a litre which i think worked out around 50p

now even if oil prices have gone up and they now pay 60p a litre....then were still paying over the odds :(

Exactly.

The goverment are the ones loading the fuel up with tax. If fuel goes us it has a knock on affect that the cost of day to day living goes up.

I payed 1.05.9 a litre of Optimax last night.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Andyman said:
Exactly.
I payed 1.05.9 a litre of Optimax last night.

my local shell were charging a pretty similar amount last night for optimax i noticed. although i tend to run my little s**t stain on bog standard 95ron

RB 200 Cup!
f**k the government and the taxes they put on us - im moving to dubai - cheap petrol here i come.......

Monaco Blue 172
Dubai182 said:
Hate to rub it in guys but i currently pay 1 pound a GALLON,lol. Have done for the best part of 13 months.

Oil will run eventually but they estimate reserves for at least 100 years +. The UAE and Saudi have enough reserves to run the world's supply if it ever came to that.
great huh. so why is the price increasing already over here? :S

pretty f**king stupid situation imo - relying on one of the most politically volatile regions of the world to supply our transport network! :rolleyes:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
its a joke, im filling up my car every 4 days. yesterday i put £40 in the tank and when i started the engine after i had payed for it, the needle only went to the bar bellow full!! so it would have taken about £45-£47 to fill!!

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
The high octane fuel has gone to £1 now thats not too bad concidering I have seen it a lot higher. Im only getting 24mpg out of my car

Dont forget the Buncefield fire. That depot was a major distribution outlet in the south. There are pipelines that run from the refinerys in the North down there. The oil companys are now transporting this by road which increases there costs and will eventually lead to fuel increases.

Pressure from the local town to not allow the rebuilding of this terminal may, if the government is swayed by them, see a big player pull out of the UK.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
jooliona said:
great huh. so why is the price increasing already over here? :S

pretty f**king stupid situation imo - relying on one of the most politically volatile regions of the world to supply our transport network! :rolleyes:

Do you have a supply of oil??? The world can't help the fact the Middle East has one of the largest supplies in the world. SA and the UAE are fairly stable right now,especially the UAE.

Focus ST
God when I first started driving it was 49.9p per litre.

Those were the days.....whoop whoop...

Tangoed Works
With a little bit of rinsing now and again, I pleasantly surprised to see my 182 delivering 80-100 miles for a tenner. These cars are awesome!

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
its a joke. im paying 99.9p per liter for regular unleaded, Its the same price as Diesel round ere:mad: . and the 172 gulps it.

Dave

172 cup'd extreme
we pay alot for petrol, but go over to france and they pay a similar ammount but their roads are mostly funded by toll's the same for spain... spains tolls are really expensive compared to france. we have free and generally good roads.

Clio Dynamique 1.2 16v
MarkM said:
Dont forget the Buncefield fire. That depot was a major distribution outlet in the south. There are pipelines that run from the refinerys in the North down there. The oil companys are now transporting this by road which increases there costs and will eventually lead to fuel increases.

Pressure from the local town to not allow the rebuilding of this terminal may, if the government is swayed by them, see a big player pull out of the UK.

That buncefield disaster didnt have an effect on the cost of petrol at the pumps...for one reason, the main stores of fuel that are at this depot are (or should i say were) gas oil (for industrial and agricultural use) and aviation fuel. There are very little stores of unleaded and diesel there.

so there wouldnt have been an increase in cost at the pumps.

anyway...the cost of fuel is stupidly expensive compared to other countries, but hey, thats the cost we have to deal with it.

although im not quite sure how they have managed to work out the cost of unleaded and diesel around here......both are 99.9p a litre ( thats just normal unleaded btw, none of this fancy stuff)

Last edited:
  Citroen DS3 DSport
It's very depressing that people are not protesting the fuel prices in the way that they did a few years ago. We all seem to be accepting the fact that we're paying silly amounts of money. £1+ per litre is terrible.