ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Permanant iMessage? iOS7

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Hi, a few of my friends have left Apple and go with an Android/Nokia phone. They have kept the same numbers, but for some reason, my iPhone on iOS7 still thinks they are on blue iMessage. As a result, Im sending out replies, and obviously nothings happening. I can hold the message and send as a text (green) but how can I do this default?

Also, a few of my fiends now text me, from their phones, but it comes up as from their email address as opposed to their saved contact name?

WTF?

Thanks

GTD, Lupo
It can also be your mates phone that is sending the SMS from their email if they are using an iphone.

My phone was doing it after the ios7 update. In message setting they need to unselect their email from the send option.

172/B8 Quattro
Off topic but how do I get rid of this silly white background on functions not background.
Messages is white, music is same, makes it harder to see clearly

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
It's massive fail IMO, when I moved from Apple to android, everyone's iPhone used to try send my android phone an iMessage, was no way round it I could figure out.

Yes making all my friends with iPhones switch off iMessage works, but it's hardly practicle.

It's not switching off. It's telling the iPhone to send as a text if iMessage isn't available. I still send iMessages (blue) to dad when he's in a good network area. If not, the phone sends it as a text (green).

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Probably a good idea for people who had iphones to unlink the number from their apple id. What i tend to see is people changing to android still have the number linked to an ipad or a mac; making sms tricky. iMessage doesnt really work with numbers unless you go "all in"

To remove a phone number from an Apple ID, sign out of FaceTime and Messages on your iPhone. Sign out in the following locations:
  • Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
  • Settings > FaceTime. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
This should remove your phone number from other devices using the same Apple ID with FaceTime and Messages.
If the phone number is still available on other devices after you sign out of FaceTime and iMessage on the iPhone, you may need to sign out of iMessage and FaceTime on all your devices, then sign in to FaceTime and Messages again on devices you want to use.
Note: If you no longer have access to the iPhone that is using the number you want to remove, reset your Apple ID password.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
It's not switching off. It's telling the iPhone to send as a text if iMessage isn't available. I still send iMessages (blue) to dad when he's in a good network area. If not, the phone sends it as a text (green).

I know this, but it's no good if you've not got an iPhone.

Turn off iMessage if you don't want your phone to try and send them. If it's off your friends will only be able to send text messages.

Then all your messages will go through as text message and will always work.

I know what you mean, I've had similar issues too. Bit of a pain in the ass.