ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Perforance pads and discs?

Evo 6, E92 320d
Was having a blast on the dual carriageway this morning doing 60-70mph;) and went to brake for a set of lights, only there was very little bite and a lot of fade in power. Dangerous to say the least. Anyway would i benefit from just pads(ebc or mintex etc) or with a set of drilled/grooved discs as well?

sounds as though you've a problem with the standard set-up. i'd check for contamination of disc/pad and change brake fluid first

Personally I'd change the brake fluid and change dics to brembo max and pads to Mintex 1144 Fast road/track pad. Heard nothing, but good things about this combo. I've had some fitted to my cup, just waiting to get it back.

Hopefully this Saturday

Lionel Richie
waste of money doing discs and pads and not changing the thing that lets the braking system down, BRAKE LINES

Evo 6, E92 320d
I have noticed a small amount of surface rust on the discs, but this is normal i think?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
chances are the surface rust has been your problem, if the car had been lying overnight and you hadnt really used the brakes untill the time you tell us about.

i have a long straight near my house which comes downhill to a roundabout and on my way to work i used to hit 3 figure speeds and then have to brake for the roundabout and if i had washed the car the night before and not driven it since the disks would be covered in surface rust and the brakes would be crap untill it cleared