ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

People trying to prove their car is faster than yours?

Clio RS200
Right so...

Previous to owning the 200, I had a Saxo VTS so idiots trying to race me was normal, although they tended to be boy racer sorts.

However, now I have a 200, there seems to be an abundance of prats who see the car and for some reason try to prove their car is faster.

Im joining the motorway at about 65-70mph and there already someone up my rear in a Citroen Picasso or similar boring car and then they proceed to zoom past me.

It seems to happen quite a lot and most of the time its middle aged men in either an MPV or a Saloon Diesel.

I don't ever rise to it but it really winds me up, they own really boring cars who are not fast by any means but they see sport on the back of mine and try and prove they are faster than me!

Anybody else experience this?

I had some bloke in a Diesel Golf flashing me (with his lights) the other car because I was doing 50mph and in a 50 zone and he wanted me to hurry up...why?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Don't race a diesel rep saloon in your 200.

You'll probably lose.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I don't think they care about your clio. They probably just want to get past.

172 cup
I get this all the time as well and have done in previous cars as well. round here its not just diesel rep cars but chavs in 1.2 (no offense to 1.2 owners:p)

although a long time ago I had a 220 coupe rover at 250 bhp and a couple on novas wouldn't stop following me. got on a dual carriageway an though i'd put my foot down a bit to show them and one of them flew past me :cry: making a rather mean turbo sound.

nowdays just let them get on with it

rs clio 182
i get it all the time too some times i just cant resist puting my foot down a little and embarasing them lol

PB Clio 172
this will get moved- 'clio discussion' lol

Well I say that is just life really people are out in day to day life to piss you off

and I never know why people go up your ass when you do 30 in a 30 lets say. If that happens just do 25 in a 30 and piss them off even more. Or if you are really brave just hit your brakes and claim his insurance (only joking lol)

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
It's got nothing to do with having a 200, all blokes that drive people carriers drive like a drunk Loldanardo,
I think it's to do with the fact their wife has essentially cut their balls off by making them drive a child taxi,
so they permanently belt around trying to reclaim their manhood.

As soon as I took the 'Renault Sport' badge off the back of mine,
people stopped trying to race me instantly.

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
I'm so sorry. I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have written it. I'm going to cry now.

I'm so sorry.
Why did you even do it? You have just made my beautiful day at work s**t. Thanks alot I really hope you have learnt not to write stupid things. I dnt want to see any think like this again.

It's got nothing to do with having a 200, all blokes that drive people carriers drive like a drunk Loldanardo,
I think it's to do with the fact their wife has essentially cut their balls off by making them drive a child taxi,

You're not wrong, the Renault 4+ advert where he gets a people carrier at the end should illustrate this.

MK3 Clio DCI 86
all blokes that drive people carriers drive like a drunk Loldanardo,

+1

Blokes in people carriers are the worst drivers IN THE WORLD. Speeding everywhere and tailgating everything :mad:

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
That 4+ advert makes me angry, i'd have told the women to f*ck right off in regards to a van with windows,
I mean how much space does a tiny baby need anyway?

Our car was a Mk1 Fiesta when I was growing up, we still managed to get my bike in as well as all the holiday bags.

Evo 5 RS
"Look hun, another peasant wants to race me in a moderately slower car. ha ha ha." "Why does this always happen to me ^_^"

People tail gate.

Oh and personally, if I wanted to get past your 200, I would. *Puts sun glasses back on*

Listerine & Poledo
I don't care, people overtake only to end up on the back of the same traffic 2 miles up the road.

They just burn an extra gallon for the privilege.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
i remember back when i was 20 and driving my new valver thinking i was the dogs b****cks, driving to glasgow airport late one night to pick up my folks, had a mk1 golf gti tailgaiting me as we headed out of town towards the dual carrageway, i couldnt wait to humiliate him and his pal, as we approached the d/c i put the foot down in second waiting to see them dissapear in my rear view mirror, only for it to go past me like i was in reverse and proceeding to spit a 3 foot long tail of flames from its exhaust. still dont know what it had under the bonnet but it ruined the rest of my journey with my tail between my legs. but yeah, i hate tailgaiters make me want to get out and smash their stupid faces in.

Monaco 172
9 times out of ten its a rep derv saloon behind me tailgating, simple solution, screenwash and shed loads of it!!!!! they soon get the hint!

Clio 182

As soon as I took the 'Renault Sport' badge off the back of mine,
people stopped trying to race me instantly.

...might have to put my badge back on.... :D

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I drive my Scenic flat out everywhere...130PS, boosted, comedy body roll, love it. It would be rude not to.

In my 200 though I tend to just roll with the traffic flow. Have been known to slow down and indicate left to let tailgating retards past so they can have their accident in privacy.

Listerine & Poledo
In my 200 though I tend to just roll with the traffic flow. Have been known to slow down and indicate left to let tailgating retards past so they can have their accident in privacy.....

....video the aftermath then drive off

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
take renaultsport off the rear?

i don't get people tailgating me often... they see yellow and back the f**k off :cool:

although i got a mk4 r32 replica (very poor rep) up my arse the other day and could not resist putting the douche in his place. having tyres screaming around a 90 degree bend to catch up to me on a slip road is ridiculous.

what does my head in as i really couldn't give a s**t is when some one says... a reccon its as quick as your cup or a reccon its got the same power as your cup like i care.. its only due to it making decent power as standard but don't care if you've got more or less power than me

It's just your own perception because you now have a fast car. No one actually gives a s**t what you're driving. Some people just drive like c***s, and will be all over you regardless of what you're in.

I've been driving for over 20 years, so my opinion is fact.

It's just your own perception because you now have a fast car. No one actually gives a s**t what you're driving. Some people just drive like c**ts, and will be all over you regardless of what you're in.

I've been driving for over 20 years, so my opinion is fact.
highly agree tbh other than the not long been passed they're test 17 yr olds who just want to race anything and everything