ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/Xbox360/PS3] Modern Medal of Honor - Official Thread

Mito Sportiva 135
Not been getting great reviews, I'll stick with Halo 3 until new COD arrives on Christmas day. Also got MW2 and BFBC2 to play with which by all reports are still a lot better.

Mk2 ph1 clio
I like the look of this, combines killstreaks which i like about cod and the gameplay of Battlefield! looks like my ideal game atm! Plus that mp7 looks awesome on the videos ive seen so far and with the limited edition.. you get early acess to it :D aswell as some shottys! so come friday il be very happy!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'm tempted to buy this on PC, although for the price it seems like a rip off. BFBC2 was extremely buggy, and EA failed to fix this, even with the multitude of updates (same for BF2... EA wanted me to download GBs of updates...). I see no hope for MoH. Plus there is no co-op :dapprove:

COD7BO will outlast this, even if it was developed by Treyarch :rasp:

What issues have you had with that on the PC? I must be extremely lucky?? :)

I completed the SP campaign first off on my old Phenom system and since then have put about 90 hours iirc online on my new setup. I've had but one crash and I believe that to be a server issue as it kicked me out just as the 'Your team has won' script came up at the end of the game.

Tbh, I'm completely the opposite in terms of patches and updates. I get very suspicious when developers don't release patches as no software is ever flawless. I take that to be that they either can't be arsed with a patch, or have been dragged onto other projects instead.

The other benefit of patches is that its common to add 'freebies' in there like extra maps or unlocks to passify the moaners of 'why am I patching again?'. Seems like a win-win to me. :)

D.

Giulietta 940
Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting a developer not to release updates (CounterStrike-Source is god knows how old, yet they're still tweaking it). However, when you're releasing updates because the game is unplayable, that's a different matter.

Well, to name a few...

• "Connection to the game server has been lost"
  • Crashes to desktop
  • Sound cutting out or "cracking"
  • Server browser completely useless
  • Friends list not always correct
  • Vehicles sometimes kicking you out for no apparent reason
  • EA Online not being able to connect
Granted I know some of these issues have been fixed, but other things that annoyed me were:

• M60 generally overpowered for an MG... it outdoes most sniper rifles in the game
  • Nothing left to do after rank 25 (or near enough)
  • Tubers... yes, tubers. I've experienced many clans just ammo dumping for each other, then continually tubing buildings to complete objectives.
These issues weren't just experienced by myself alone, and many were raised on the Steam forums. I was very disappointed, because it had all the features I was looking for in an mp game (and yes, MW2 had become boring after doing prestige 29837492 times). But I still feel that CODMW2 is a much more refined game, both for SP and MP.

Btw Darren, did you play from release?

Last edited:
  Bumder With A Buffer
Yay its been delivered.

If only I wasn't at work :( Also My HDMI cable went tits up last night randomly and wouldnt work and I cant find the original Scart connector for my PS3! So the plan was to stop off at ASDA on the way home to get a new HDMI cable...Nope wont be doing that as I left my bastid wallet at home! FFS

To top that off my XBOX decided to RROD last night too :( f**king technology.

Just bought this on Steam. I can start downloading in 15 hours apparently.

Looking forward to it. It looks like just what I need.

S3, Polo
I will post my thoughts in here. I'm not expecting anything ground breaking TBH. I just fancy a good shooter, as I've not played much for a while.

Seriously, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the best shooter I've played in ages. Destruction, the clearly-defined classes (that force you to play as a team for the greatest rewards) and an ever-changing battlespace provide a second to none experience IMO.

Bumder With A Buffer
Just need to find my standard PS3 aerial lead a me jiggy...My pissing HDMI cable fcuked up last night and stopped syncing for some strange reason.

Fuuuuuuu

Mountune Tractor
Guys, is it worth me buying this to keep me going until BO comes out? It's the same developer that created Battlefield yeah?

Schrick´d 182
Is the Uk Version playable in German Language? (Multilangual)

MoH is censored In Germany:dapprove:

Mito Sportiva 135
Guys, is it worth me buying this to keep me going until BO comes out? It's the same developer that created Battlefield yeah?

No. Dice only did the multiplayer, and the destrctable terrain from BC2 is not present, and apparently the levels on multiplayer are a bit bland and uninspiring. Keep playing BC2, it's a much better game.

Bumder With A Buffer
Despite what reviews say about online not bein like BC2.......online feels like BC2!

Just had a quick go online and it seems pretty good. Kept getting nailed and only played 2 maps. One I finshed 3/6 and the other 10/7 (kills/deaths). Haven't tried the single player yet though.

AK

M240i
Despite what reviews say about online not bein like BC2.......online feels like BC2!

Just had a quick go online and it seems pretty good. Kept getting nailed and only played 2 maps. One I finshed 3/6 and the other 10/7 (kills/deaths). Haven't tried the single player yet though.

Echo this, exactly like BC2 online lol.

Bumder With A Buffer
See I hate people that say "Im a COD man then moan about the latest COD game being s**t... Bloody COD fan boys..I play most FPS games...COD, Battlefield, Socom Medal Of Honor etc etc

They are all fine as long as you rememberthe buttons :eek:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting a developer not to release updates (CounterStrike-Source is god knows how old, yet they're still tweaking it). However, when you're releasing updates because the game is unplayable, that's a different matter.

Well, to name a few...

• "Connection to the game server has been lost"
  • Crashes to desktop
  • Sound cutting out or "cracking"
  • Server browser completely useless
  • Friends list not always correct
  • Vehicles sometimes kicking you out for no apparent reason
  • EA Online not being able to connect
Granted I know some of these issues have been fixed, but other things that annoyed me were:

• M60 generally overpowered for an MG... it outdoes most sniper rifles in the game
  • Nothing left to do after rank 25 (or near enough)
  • Tubers... yes, tubers. I've experienced many clans just ammo dumping for each other, then continually tubing buildings to complete objectives.
These issues weren't just experienced by myself alone, and many were raised on the Steam forums. I was very disappointed, because it had all the features I was looking for in an mp game (and yes, MW2 had become boring after doing prestige 29837492 times). But I still feel that CODMW2 is a much more refined game, both for SP and MP.

Btw Darren, did you play from release?

Pretty much m8, but as per usual - I always complete the single player game first before venturing online. I actually tried it for about ten minutes (online that is) and then left it for months, before finally jumping in and giving it a decent go.

I can honestly say that of those faults you mentioned, I've had the sound one clipping before now - but that's been it. So far (and given the complexity of what's going on) - its been remarkably stable for me.

I do agree with you about the fundamental flaws in the game - Carl Gustav'ing infantry easily. The unbelievably stupid tracer dart system. Giving medics uber-powerful LMGs (WTF were you thinking DICE???) and C4 abuse. But even all that aside, it is a much, much better game to COD in my eyes - simply due to the scope and playability of BC2 as a whole. DICE showed me (and probably a fair few other players) just how the FPS genre had moved on with Battlefield 1942 back in 2002 - and I've followed them loyally with every release since. Ok, they dropped a bollock with Battlefield Vietnam, but hey-ho ;)

COD online infuriates me unlike any other multiplayer game. The only part in recent CODs I've actually enjoyed online was the Nazi Zombies in COD:WaW - but even that I thought was much better executed, presented and played with both Left 4 Dead games.

I really do think the COD formula has to move on somehow. There are only so many SMG, assault rifle and character perks you can chuck into a game without the players getting bored. The lack of vehicles instantly forces the maps to be waaaaay too small and feeling like a backyard brawl rather than an intense combat experience over a large playing field. Of course, the developers will keep churning the same formula out again and again until people do get bored with COD. But it will happen if they don't change... trust me. ;)

D.