ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/XB360/PS3] The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim

Dragons are tough if they're concentrating on you. Where possible I try and lead them to somewhere where they can have a pop at someone else. A posse of giants and mammoths is always a good bet. They'll ruin a dragons day.

I learned an interesting thing today that I didn't know before - A follower, whether it be a mercenary, Housecarl or whatever is levelled. They assume the level that you are when you first find them. They then DO NOT level up with you. So if you get Lydia when you're level 5 she's gonna be f**king useless as a follower when you're level 50. So the thing to do then is change your follower regularly.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

In fairness, he's admitted he was wrong several times in the thread.

I went on a massive wander last night, just trying to discover locations. Got a few random quests too from College of Winterhold, and I bought a fair few spell books from that Philis guy, including the Conjure Dremora Lord. Good times.

Got about 4 shouts to fully complete - third word needed on them.

So if I f**k Marcurio off and then recruit him again he'll be less of a pussy?

No, I'm fairly sure you'll have to reset him entirely. ie. kill him then resurrect him via the console. Not 100% on this though cos he's a mercenary rather than a friend or housecarl.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah I'm level 70 (or still 69) and Marcurio is still pretty decent on mine. Mind you, he's rolling in enchanted Dragon armour.

Saying that, I've usually killed the enemies before he's even turned up.

Are you sure on this? As I have Mecurio and recruited him ages ago and is still very effective.

Never used a follower so from a personal perspective, no. However, from the UESP wiki:

A follower's skills, health, and other stats are set when they are first created (which is typically when you enter their starting cell, become a Thane, and so on) and never improve from that point, outside of a handful of special cases. Each follower has a maximum level (which varies for each), and a specific set of favored skills, which are dictated by their class

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Followers

Tbh I think coating a low-level follower in s**t hot gear is going to improve them more than levelling them up a few levels. It's worth bearing in mind though.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
In 400+ hours I've never used one follower. Apart from the archer fella who can train you. He followed me around his town for about four minutes before he annoyed me.

Lone wolf FTW.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Oh, and this happened yesterday.

Don't attach your freshly-killed spouse to your ceiling fans.

Last edited by a moderator:
400+ hours is impressive. mind you, Scutch, if your dude is level 70 you must have a fair few hours. I have one guy at lvl53 and another at lvl26 and have about 200 hours logged.

I'm astonished by my 200 hours most of the time. I've been hammering Left4Dead 2 since it was released and still only have about 130 hours. Thinking back the only games that I can think of that even get close to 200 hours for me are Team Fortress 2 and Battlefield 1942 (including mods). TF2 was probably not much more than 200. BF42 was probably closer to a 1000 - I went berserk on that game.

Just goes to show how addictive this is. I persuaded my flatmate to buy it at Christmas and haven't seen him since. I just hear the odd FOOS coming from his bedroom.

Mito Sportiva 135
Wow. I am just over 70 hours in now, and still so much to do, have just been doing some misc quests as they were mounting up. Getting a bit boring though knowing I have the best armours and weapons, only thing that can be improved is their enchantements and associated perks. Got the dremora lord though and boy is he good. Send him in, Mercurio zinging in destructive spells and me putting my feet up at the back :) Hoping there are more high level spells too as will be a bit boring using the same ones for another 100 or so hours...

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Really enjoying this, although I keep getting fcuking lost!

I've been trying to find one village where I need to speak with the Greybeards, I can see it on the map, but any route I take I'm either confronted with a huge lake or a mountain? LOL :(

Need a horse tbh.

Last edited:

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
To get to the Greybeards, navigate to Ivarstead.

Do this by running from Whiterun around the bottom of the huge mountain until you get there.

On the way in to the town, there is a bridge on the right hand side that goes over a little river. Cross that and you will see stairs. Lots of them.

Follow these and they will take you to the top of the mountain and to High Hrothgar :)

Mito Sportiva 135
Get the Clairvoyance spell too and it will guide you to your current quest / destination too, very handy! Can buy it from several places in the game world.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Will look into that also. I got there ok ^ :D In jail now though :eek:

I need to return the golden claw to Lucan but can't find him in Riverwood?

Bumder With A Buffer
I was just doing the quest for the brotherhood Silence has been broken.

Was doing the side quest in that to kill Kvenel the Tongue.

I died :( Think I'm level 14 currently and only just found out about the 3 words for a shout?!?

Nah, there's far better quality snatch around Skyrim.

I married Ysolda the other day. Thought it was about time I settled down. Level 54, 200+ hours in, done all I want to do with that character.

She's starting to wind me up now though. "Hello my Love", "Yes my Love", "Goodbye my love", "Of course my Love". I might have to kill her. One more "my love" you annoying cow and you're getting a legendary Daedric mace with dual enchantments to the fizzog.

Octy VRS
Level 20 and 32 hours in...Just joined Stormcloaks and trying to clear some misc quests down. Have a couple of Daedric quests on the go too but still not been able to start the Sanguine Rose one. Now have enchanted Steel plate armour for both me and Marcurio. By no means the best armour but it does the job coupled with enchanted ebony bows.

With the freezing weather outside it really adds to it when you are walking through the blizzards.

Bumder With A Buffer
Question...If you "join" the dark brotherhood, can you still then join the companions or stormcloaks etc afterwards?

Bumder With A Buffer
Hmmm Imperials or stormcloaks..benefits of each side? If there is any??

I keep having thalmor justicars try and kill me recently...god knows why. Maybe I pissed one of them off (quite possible without realising who they were)