ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC world

Milltek'd 182
I bought a laptop and took out their 3 year insurance on it. has anyone claimed with PC world? i was told they would replace my model with one of the equivalent value at the time it broke.
anyone know exactly what it covers? the guide things vague

cheers

Dave

VW ....
you made one mistake really ...... buying something from that shithole in the first place ;)

but anyways ,i'm sure someone will be able to answer your ?

172 Cup
DSG extended warranties are a joke to be honest mate but hopefully you can get a result.

Milltek'd 182
saying that i dont think they do the cover anymore?! think its worth claiming? maybe i could pm you the situation?

Not a Clio
I know someone who bought their laptop from pc world and has a warranty.

They've had to take it back numerous times. They can't get it replaced and don't get a temporary replacement whilst it's sent off to be repaired either.

Last edited:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
lol i know i know, my mum got it...not me! why you say they are a joke griff? got me worried!

Overpriced and inadequate cover essentially. I could be wrong but I'm sure the OFT were investigating them at one point.

LOL - too true. A bit like the time I was in the queue and some bloke in front of me bought a £7.99 gamepad. The girl on the counter asked if he wanted the extended 3-year warranty on it......... at £12. :S

D.

Saxo VTS
Well if it's the same cover that they use at Curry's then it's actualy quite good.

They will only replace the item if they cannot repair it (due to it being fucked or not being able to source parts) after 21 days from the initial pick up.

You should also be covered for accidental damage anywhere in the world and any problem that may arise on the laptop. To say that all that for £6-7 a month is overpriced is bs.

If you need to make a claim that they cannot sort out over the phone it should be picked up from you within 2 working days, fixed and sent back to you within a 21 day period.

Put it this way, you drop your laptop and the screen smashes, it will cost about £500-800 to get it fixed with new genuine parts and fitted proffesionaly. So I can't see how anyone can justify calling £7 (depends on what item etc and obv some people pay for 3 or 5 years upfront) a month over priced.

Ok they may not give you a loan laptop (who does?) or suck your dick but it is by no means as bad as people who don't know what they're talking about make out.

Sure you get some extreme f**k ups and there the one's you hear about, you also get very pleased people from the extendend cover :)

Saxo VTS
Haha yes I do.

I'm not sticking up the cover just because I work there. If it was crap I'd keep my mouth shut.

But from what I've seen and heard, in most cases they have been offered a good service.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are bad cases, that's unavoidable but people are too quick to slate off something that perhaps they think they know about.

Also on most items <£100 you have instant replacement. So say you buy a microwave for £50, take the extended cover for £19.99, that means if that microwave breaks in the 3 year period, you bring it in and Currys give you a new one; an unlimited amount of times too!

:)

172 Cup
Haha yes I do.

:)

Nuff said ;)

On the 26th of March 2007, The Register reported [6] that PC World had repaired a customers laptop, under the terms of an extended warranty, with a second hand hard drive. The drive containd images of bestiality, which the customer claimed "popped up" on screen whilst his 11 year old son was playing a game. PC World spokesperson Hamish Thomson admitted that "it is not uncommon" for a second-hand part to be used in a PC World repair.

Doing a great job there ^^ ;) Bet he was glad he took out extended warranty!

Milltek'd 182
lol just aswell im interested in the 'replace with equivalent value' bit....beastiality, no thanks! lol

Astra CDTI SRI
Lesson 1 - Don't buy anything from PC world........ ever....... unless you are really really really stuck.......

Last edited:
  Astra CDTI SRI
On the 26th of March 2007, The Register reported [6] that PC World had repaired a customers laptop, under the terms of an extended warranty, with a second hand hard drive. The drive containd images of bestiality, which the customer claimed "popped up" on screen whilst his 11 year old son was playing a game. PC World spokesperson Hamish Thomson admitted that "it is not uncommon" for a second-hand part to be used in a PC World repair.

That was the PC world in Dundee. I read the story and the bloke had asked the PC World repair center if it would be a brand new hard disk. They said yes it would be, they don't use second hand parts.

Just shows you how good the company really is..........