ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC] S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat

Is it just my system or this game an unoptimised, buggy pile of poops? I'm sure the game is great but it doesn't look good enough for me to bother worrying why it runs so badly. Poor frames, laggy mouse, stuttering & freezing.

The original game ran better and looked the same. Waste of £20 TBH.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
It's not just your system.

I haven't even played it but I've heard nothing but bad things.

R26
The last one was a disaster, took 5 or 6 patches to get it working properly and by then your saved game no longer worked. Havnt bothered with this one for that reason

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The last one was a disaster, took 5 or 6 patches to get it working properly and by then your saved game no longer worked. Havnt bothered with this one for that reason

That was crazy that. Surely they could have allowed it to work with previous saves? I never completed the game purely for that reason. Unstable at buggy on first release, I didn't want to put time into it and then find that a patch update killed my saved games.

D.

R26
That was crazy that. Surely they could have allowed it to work with previous saves? I never completed the game purely for that reason. Unstable at buggy on first release, I didn't want to put time into it and then find that a patch update killed my saved games.

D.

I loved the first one, completed that twice without applying any patches!

The second one was so buggy the story wouldn't even load so you had to restart the game. After applying the patches and restarting the game so many times I just gave up.

Monaco Ph2 Clio 172
I have this running on my acer laptop. A little laggy but I probably need to turn down the graphics a tad. Otherwise a great game..

Can be had on steam for £15 IIRC.

Steam is £19.99 unless you bought the previous versions over Steam, in which case it's £14.99.

Define 'a little laggy'? It runs worse on my machine than the original did on my previous generation of hardware.

The game mechanics are s**t. Crouch snaps up and down with no animation. Switching to iron sights has 2 frames of animation. RUB. BISH.

Yeah I remember way back in the days when this game (the original) was being delayed and delayed. It promised sheer epicness and never quite delivered. I enjoyed it quite a bit but never came close to completing it. I was hoping CoP would fill a void in my gaming life. Instead, it cost me £20 and I'll never load it up again.

s**t happens.

Not a 320d
Well i loved the origional, i dont often finish any games and get bored easily, but the origional, i played through properly about 3 times. I think Clear Sky was a let down and i got bored of that, and because of that i havent tried COP.

I loved the original, played all 3 endings. Not had time to try this one yet, shame if its as bad as you say.

Nissan 350z
Odd I found CoP to be the best in the series so far.

Sure the game isnt polished, thats what you get when you purchase a budget title (£20 for a new release) from a Ukranian developer and if you try and compare everything to the highly tuned console ports of Modern Warefare, Battlefield etc then your gaming experiences will always be disapointed.

As for performance i ran mine on 1680x1050 with AA off and Shadows disabled. Cant complain really i ran as i would have expected it to. Have you checked the obvious things such as GPU drivers being up to date?