ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

If Carlsberg Wrote Project Threads... (MK2)

MK5 Fiesta Zetec S
They wouldnt make beer.

This is my brand new project thread, I had one before but i decided to delete it and write up a new one. Anyway my 1.2 Renault Clio Extreme. Yes... "Extreme" the car with the nice seats with a horrific colour that is dirtier than (insert pun here).

I purchased my car last October for £1995 i had covered 55,000 miles and came with no service history :( however i took a gamble and so far "touch wood" it has paid off.

For thoses that dont know this is what a standard Clio "Extreme" Looks like.
04122009118.gif

My original plan was to use this car get some "no claims" and save for a better/faster car.
After about 1 weeks worth of ownership i changed my mind.

I signed up to this forum and became a paid member the day before i picked the car up i had some rough ideas of what i wanted.

First Purchase was this Halfords Tool Kit, Clio Membership a pair of axle stands and a jack.
e5b78383.gif

I then began to buy and gather up some stuff ready to fit. Starting with some colour coding.
I sent my bump strips, clio badge, bullets and gear insert off to "spray shack" and purchased a colour coded spoiler from Cit-Ren. This made a massive difference to how the car looked anyone will tell you how great colour coding is.
1a318813.gif

e86c5b21.gif

38b69e2e.gif

2dab7e46.gif

172ColourCodedSpoiler.gif

I was rolling around like this for a while until christmas actually then one cold winters day my earth cable snapped. I became depressed which resorting in me getting a AA membership and these.

8bfe12db.gif

IMG_0404.gif

IMG_0405.gif

Eibach sportlines are really good dont get me wrong however if i coluld go back in time i wish i had bought some Raceline-Rokkor Coilovers for that extra bit of cash and the extra lows.

I then had a second problem appear my backbox was badly corroded and air was getting in the exhaust system basically my car sounded like a hoover, no problem i gave me a excuse to buy this. When i went to fit this the first time i was amazingly shocked at how perished the old rubber hangars were, so i then had to buy some more of them too.
K-TecExhaust.gif

This is a great sounding exhaust for the Non Sport it isnt droney/chavvy/loud. However also looking back i wish i had purchased the stealth system but hey you live and learn.

I then ran into what i thought was another big problem.
3cc2ed44.gif

However my mind was put to ease from all you helpful people on the forum. It was time to treat my car to some mechanical love.

New oil, oil filter, spark plugs dogbone mount was purchased and fitted.
551f4e67.gif

Its quite amazing how much difference a service can make.

Blah Blah Blah. Your probably slowly starting to lose interest however i will soldier on. I went through a bit of a poor mans modifying stage, little things that make a big difference though.
My cliosport.net sticker.
DSC03192.gif

I fitted silvervisions to the front and rear to get rid of that fried egg look, who in their right mind would argue paying £6 for 4 bulbs to transform the look of their car? The results speak for themselves really.
9e814558.gif

I also removed the "Extreme" Badges from the doors.
IMG_0424.gif

Also got a Honda ariel to replace the renault tower.
DSC03180.gif

A few weeks maybe 6/7 passed by i was being tight and refused to pay £50 for a RS grill, after looking at the "Non Sports in here" thread countless times i soon came to my senses.
94a669db.gif

f5f3b2ea.gif

Next was to relplace my dealer plates i ordered some UK pressed plates along with a TRS tow strap. Worst waste of money to date. I hate the plates so much...i only have the rear one fitted i quite like the tow straps but only really suit track cars so that wasnt fitted either.
4593bd9e.gif

A couple of days ago i recieved this through the post...
cc182747.gif

My French car show tickets. I hope too see some of you there and i apoligise for the r****d threads, questions posts ive had over the last couple of days i was getting bored of my car wanted a Saxo blah blah anyway thanks for all the advice ive recieved on this forum you made me see the light, LETS STAY ON TOPIC WITH THE CAR THOUGH.

Theres a few things i need to sort out in the next couple of weeks, new tyres new battery and book in for a cambelt change. I have some plans for this car now so just watch this project infact Subscribe to it ;). I hope you enjoyed reading through all that crap.

I also apoligize for the lack of before and after pictures in this thread. So i thought i would treat you here she is now, bad iPhone pictures.
b0ce03be.gif

aa72b8e3.gif

54467cf1.gif

C+C!

Cheers.

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Keep up the good work! Nice first pic btw ;)

What else you going to do to it? Might see you down at FCS

Mk1 16v brooklands
Find a knacker 1*2 and fit the bumpers, arches and skirts

I found one in a scrappy yesterday so had a few bits away

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
some nice touches! i'm slightly confused though, did you nick the very first picture (of the standard car) from someone else's thread? Noticed the plates are different, and I'm sure that TUP one ended up with turbines and 172 rear bumper...

Liquid Yellow R27
Very nice dude. I really need to get the side strips colour coded on mine, they look a million times better!

Monaco 172
could i be cheeky and ask how much colour coding was mate? unsure on wether to attempt it myself :)

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
Good luck with that tool box ive got same one and ratchets are c**p they break as soon as a little force is used

But project looking like its going pretty good

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
Good luck with that tool box ive got same one and ratchets are c**p they break as soon as a little force is used

MK5 Fiesta Zetec S
Good start, What are your plans for the car then?

Just some basic maintence at the minute.

i like it man

keep the pressed plates!

Cheers, im not too fond of them myself, quite cheapy looking i want to go for a cleaner look tbh. However French pressed plates would of looked better :(

Keep up the good work! Nice first pic btw ;)

What else you going to do to it? Might see you down at FCS

Cheers and yes i should of mentioned to everyone else i borrowed your picture (i asked permision first) and yes you will see me there or certainly my car anyway. Just a few basic things to sort out at the minute really nothing to exciting just essentials.

Nice and tidy, i would get the front and rear bumper inserts colour coded too :)

Thanks. On the to do list but other things have to take priority, tyres, battery + cambelt :(

Find a knacker 1*2 and fit the bumpers, arches and skirts

I found one in a scrappy yesterday so had a few bits away

I dont want to make a Rep so probably waste of money for me, would consider the rear bumper though.

some nice touches! i'm slightly confused though, did you nick the very first picture (of the standard car) from someone else's thread? Noticed the plates are different, and I'm sure that TUP one ended up with turbines and 172 rear bumper...

As above mate i borrowed the first picture. Cheers for the comment.

Nice writeup :) a 182 exhaust surround would finish the exhaust area off nicely.

Exactly what i want, i couldnt get the k-tec flexi surround to fit properly. :(

Very nice dude. I really need to get the side strips colour coded on mine, they look a million times better!

Cheers, yes definitaley i never regretted spending money for the colour coding. Si at Spray Shack did a amazing job. Your cars looking nice too mate :)

could i be cheeky and ask how much colour coding was mate? unsure on wether to attempt it myself :)

Think it cost me about £70 from Spray Shack on here. Top work too.

Nice write up, car looks really good, really like the exhaust too.

Thanks, just looks a bit silly sometimes when it warmed up, however it makes a nice sound and lets the gasses flow a bit smoother.

Tool box hasnt put a foot (Well spanner) wrong yet, i was quite suprised thought it would be good for 100 notes.

Thanks i appreciate the comment. :D

Where did you get the bulbs from bud?

E-Bay. These are the ones. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350450425330&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Thanks for all the feedback i really appreciate it makes it feel like all my hard work and money spent is worth it again.

German V6
i'm going to be buying a ktec exhaust soon just wondering why you wish you bought a stealth instead ?

I dont have a k-tech recessed, but I have a prospeed, which is a similar design. I wished I'd gone stealth as well. I think because sometimes the exhaust looks a bit over powering in a non-sport bumper. I like being subtle, and a 3.5" tailpipe isn't exactly subtle.

Monaco 172
Really like this car mate...nice subtle mods...except the exhaust (but i love it :p ) ha i hope to have my car at these sort of standards in a few months...cracking little car :)

MK5 Fiesta Zetec S
i'm going to be buying a ktec exhaust soon just wondering why you wish you bought a stealth instead ?
I dont have a k-tech recessed, but I have a prospeed, which is a similar design. I wished I'd gone stealth as well. I think because sometimes the exhaust looks a bit over powering in a non-sport bumper. I like being subtle, and a 3.5" tailpipe isn't exactly subtle.

Gildstar heres your reason and our opinion.

Really like this car mate...nice subtle mods...except the exhaust (but i love it :p ) ha i hope to have my car at these sort of standards in a few months...cracking little car :)

Thank you :) i do like my exhaust although from some angles it looks pretty stupid. And just keep your mods subtle then this is what you will achieve :)

I'll take the beer :D

Good effort and nice lil write up

:D
Thanks.

MK5 Fiesta Zetec S
Not a very exciting update although this is a project thread so ill keep it updated. Probably the most important pre-update anyway. Got my cambelt, alternator drive belt and brake pads from euro car parts yesterday. Going to book the car in after FCS for these to be changed. Also got a new battery fitted as my one was well and truly KO'd.
843eb213.gif

MK5 Fiesta Zetec S
Another Update.

Som of you may of seen my car at FCS. I had a couple of parts fitted prior to the event.
K-Tec Panel Filter, new number plates and some aero wipers
32e6322d.gif

Next was a clean set of number plates with a smaller plate that fits in the recess of the bumper.
f715c363.gif

I spent a far amount of time detailing the car before FCS, first time ive ever used clay and was quite impressed with the results. Unfortunately no pictures and unfortunately seeing my car parked next to all those lovely RenaultSports made me rather depressed. Hopefully ill return with something better at next years FCS.

Ill get some pictures tomorrow of the fitted parts.

Clio
nice car mate like the way its going ! two questions

1. Where you get the silvervisions ?

2. Where you get the plates and what size is the front ?

thanks for any help will be watching your car . dont give up hope just cuz its not and rs !

nice car mate like the way its going ! two questions

1. Where you get the silvervisions ?

2. Where you get the plates and what size is the front ?

thanks for any help will be watching your car . dont give up hope just cuz its not and rs !

1 Autobulbsdirect.co.uk
2 Fancyplates

MK5 Fiesta Zetec S
Long time since i updated!

Finally fitted my 3/4 front plate and my new clean rear numberplate. I think the front plate gives the car a more aggressive look aswell as looking alot cleaner!
deedae93.gif

f0ad1c2c.gif

Excuse the pictures, cba!

After not being on the cliosport forum for a while i saw a really nice polo at my work and i thought f**k i need to treat myself to something new for the motor!
I renewed my membership and began looking on the forum! I was keen to find a new set of alloys, however i began speaking to .Kev. on here, we met up exchanged some paper and this was the outcome! (BTW his Mini sound epic!)

38db6fc1.gif

0b449af5.gif

Just in the process of painting my dashstrips then i dont really have any plans until santa's visited!
2fab4805.gif

Personally i think they look amazing!

1eight2
Good start with the car, subtle yet effective.

Interior looks spot on. Personally i'd look for a 1*2 front bumper with cup/skoda spoiler next.

05 MK2 Clio Extreme
im loving this thread, keep up the project, shes tidy!
in regards to how much you got your 'extreme' for, you got a good deal i got my 'extreme' for £2800 with 62k on clock i got mugged right off haha :)

MK5 Fiesta Zetec S
Good start with the car, subtle yet effective.

Interior looks spot on. Personally i'd look for a 1*2 front bumper with cup/skoda spoiler next.

im loving this thread, keep up the project, shes tidy!
in regards to how much you got your 'extreme' for, you got a good deal i got my 'extreme' for £2800 with 62k on clock i got mugged right off haha :)

Cheers for the comments!

MK5 Fiesta Zetec S
Quite like it mate, only looked at the pics so i might have missed it, but seating the exhaust so its more recessed, and although only you will know... getting any door dings removed is a good investment, also a plain front splitter improved my 1.2.

I had this one on mine http://www.nicedeals.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=9493

Is that rear plate standard size mate?

Thanks for the comments! The exhaust is the only thing i regret gettig tbh! it looks good when its cold and when you look at the car from behind! It looks bad because the photos angled up slightly!

Number plate is standard at the back! From Fancyplates.

Liquid Yellow R27
Hey dude, how's things? I just checked my subscriptions and found your thread again. It is looking really smart, love that you have got the sports seats and interior. I've just sold mine and brought a 182 in Arctic Blue. Yours is coming along great though man, will keep a close eye on this thread from now on. :)