ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC resetting

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I have a mates PC which keeps randomly resetting. First thing to do change the power supply?

check the cpu fan is working and that its correctly seated on the cpu core

then swap psu

i had one that reset if you slamed the back door shut

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
might be worth looking at temperatures....my bros pc does this if u move it or whislt it's on the floor...if it's on a desk and still it's fine....really weird error...never did get to the bottom of it!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
hmm it appears to be fooked. When it boots, it just stops after displaying the system info from the bios. I think its something to do with the ram

Black Clio 182
if its rebooting after the windows come up then it could be to do with windows and will need reinstalling. you tried to do anything with the ram yet?

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
then it's either both the ram sticks (unlikely) or nothing to do with them...rekon it's either the way the cpu has been installed, an overheating problem or perhaps something is shorting out the morthboard like a loose wire or something like that.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
its wierd. Its not booting at all now. And when it does it just keeps resetting. I might just tell him its fucked. lol

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
PSU or CPU overheating, does the CPU have thermal paste on it? paste could need re-applying / sorting out?

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
lol well ur all wrong. He's got a SCSI cd writer. I unplugged it and its working fine with both sticks of RAM and doesn't reset! WOOOO

Lee

BMW M2C
Clart said:
lol well ur all wrong. He's got a SCSI cd writer. I unplugged it and its working fine with both sticks of RAM and doesn't reset! WOOOO

Probably because the PSU couldn't supply enough power to all his devices. ;)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Clart said:

Bloody hell - I had one of those about 8 years ago. I great big external Plextor jobbie that came with its own SCSI PCI card. It could only burn CDs at single speed as well and usually had a paddy at like 98% complete or something - wasting a complete CD in the process.

I thought most SCSI CD drives had long since disappeared?!

D.