ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC] Recent Command & Conquer's on Steam for £3.74 a pop...

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
4 apparently is total tosh and not worth it at even that.

I quite fancy the Kane one as I never had it, I * think * I had Tiberium Wars but I'll have to check in the attic. Steam says you need a Steam version of it, but I'm assuming if I find my copy i can register it in Steam? Although I must say I recently bought the complete GTAIV set from GAME and tried to register it with Steam and it didn't want to know (even though its sold on there?)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I did get C&C4 in the sale as it's the only one I've not got. I got C&C3 and the Kane's Wrath expansion on release - which were really enjoyable on the SP campaign mode. So far C&C4 does seem a little weak and a bizarre departure from the core elements of what made the C&C series so great.

I'm certainly not bothered at paying £3.74 for it. But I would have been a little pissed if I'd paid full price for it. :)

D.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
cheers Darren, still dwelling over it atm, but I may just get both parts of C&C3 from Steam.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
cheers Darren, still dwelling over it atm, but I may just get both parts of C&C3 from Steam.

Yep - both parts of C&C3 are definitely worth it imo. Your system will absolutely rinse it too. Even with my lesser Crossfired 4890s, C&C4 simply flies along at 1920x1200 with all settings on Ultra. :)

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Word of advice - stay clear of C&C4 - lol!!!

My god - it's absolute turd. The whole ethos of C&C is base building. Christ, Westwood Studios kick-started all that with Dune 2 back in 1993 and the C&C series built on that very foundation.

What you have here is a simply a combat game. Churn out units to your max command point level (which is woefully small - e.g - 50 points max when a unit to build costs 6 on its own). The SP campaign doesn't really exist as such - other than to show your the maps, I guess - you don't even acquire experience in the SP campaign like you do online.

So you have what is for 99% of the time, an online battle skirmish game. I seem to recall that Supreme Commander did that years ago? Oh, and wasn't one of it's biggest criticisms lay with the fact that base building didn't exist? Churn out 5, 10, 50 units - send them forward to annihilation and simply repeat? Well done EA - you've taken the core feature of the C&C series and cast it aside on a whim. Maybe Ferrari should follow your steps and in their next car release, simply give it two gears? Tossers - absolute goons.... :(

D.

Nothing at the mo :(
I sorta hate you... your the reason why i installed steam again yesterday.. started chatting to you on it.. and started buying games rofl!!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Doh! I bought 4 as well as the two C&C3s, nevermind. On the upside my second 580GTX has just been shipped :)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I sorta hate you... your the reason why i installed steam again yesterday.. started chatting to you on it.. and started buying games rofl!!

FLOL! It can become a 'slightly' expensive habit! :)

Doh! I bought 4 as well as the two C&C3s, nevermind. On the upside my second 580GTX has just been shipped :)

Your system performance should be nothing short of amazing with the 2nd 580GTX in there! Give C&C4 a try by all means, but C&C3 pisses all over it imo.

D.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
I bought C&C RA3 first, then ended up buying C&C3 TW as well, too cheap to ignore

not had steam installed for a long time either, talking years

Nothing at the mo :(
Titan quest is coool!!! proper addictive.. one thing that does annoy me about the game

Was getting to some sparta camp or something.. had to log out for 15 mins cause had ot pop to shop.. when i came back all the frigging skeleton blokes was there again so had to hack and slash my way back through em lol.. but exp is exp i suppose :p level 5 now *or might be 4* warrior guy, he slashes away its coool

F82 M4
I've said it a thousand times before and I'll say it again, after Red Alert 2 the series went completely downhill. Red Alert 2 & Yuri's Revenge were the absolute dogs b****cks, I've spent many of hours on them :cool:

Still a cracking game even today.

Evo 8 MR
I was going to buy Red Alert 3 so before I bought it I downloaded the demo but it never worked - at all.

All I would get is the splash screen then after about 10 seconds it would go to the red alert 3 page on steam.

So I never bought it in the end.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Did you get the expansion for C&C3 Tiberium Wars as well, Rich? Called Kane's Wrath?

no, looked at it, but decided 2 C&C games was enough for me, as I don't have much spare time for gaming these days

he says with a PC, XBox 360, PS3, Wii & N64, LOL :clown:

is it really worth getting?

Can you get RA2?

not on Steam

Did you get the expansion for C&C3 Tiberium Wars as well, Rich? Called Kane's Wrath?

scrap that, I've just bought it ;)

it was still on for £3.74 when I was reading up about it after seeing your post, so I accidentally clicked 'buy'

Last edited by a moderator:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
scrap that, I've just bought it ;)

it was still on for £3.74 when I was reading up about it after seeing your post, so I accidentally clicked 'buy'

I actually preferred Kane's Wrath to C&C3 on it's own. Some good missions in there too. It does what every good expansion should do imo - add and develop the game that it expands upon.

D.