ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] Battlefield 3 Official Thread

Gonna get Steam all over it like a cheap suit in a little while.

When is 3 out? Soon? Ohh this is cool. Nothing quite like discovering a game late, and then realising the sequel will be out shortly after you finish it. I mean, imagine only just discovering Crysis, and then the four year newer sequel comes out that looks and plays even better. Maybe a bad example :(

Does Bad Company 2 let you save whenever you wawant on PC?

Last edited:
  Astra SRI/ Hornet
I'm loving all the new folk coming from COD thinking bf3 is gonna be the best game ever. All I'm saying is wait until you actually play it and how many times you die and get no kills. You'll soon be running to mw3. BF is a team game, you cannot run around on your own and win. So IMO if I'm not on with my team the game isn't really that great and it's pretty easy to get spawn trapped and pwned.
Hence why I buy both. COD is way better for a quick set up game with fast action. BF is a much bigger game that takes patience and team work and a variation of classes to work.
But this game is garrenteed to be great for the right type of player.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'm loving all the new folk coming from COD thinking bf3 is gonna be the best game ever. All I'm saying is wait until you actually play it and how many times you die and get no kills. You'll soon be running to mw3. BF is a team game, you cannot run around on your own and win. So IMO if I'm not on with my team the game isn't really that great and it's pretty easy to get spawn trapped and pwned.
Hence why I buy both. COD is way better for a quick set up game with fast action. BF is a much bigger game that takes patience and team work and a variation of classes to work.
But this game is garrenteed to be great for the right type of player.

The only similarity there has ever been between the two series' is the fact they're both FPS games.

Totally different otherwise. Personally, I find COD a little too frantic on most modes. There's not enough strategy, it's just twenty teams of one.

Like you say though, totally different games.

I don't care about online. Campaign is where it's at in my world. I just want solid shooting and great game design. In this regard the more modern CoDs, whilst good, are a bit too Michael Bay for me. Too much rarr and boooom and graarrr and "aright we f**kin did it!" set-pieces designed to impress the modern-day brain-dead console monkey.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I thought the bfbc campaign was a bit limited and ended really abruptly. I did wanna see more though so I guess it worked. Lol

Online is so much better than campaign Roy.I think you'd be missing a big part of the game not to do it.

Octy VRS
Online is so much better than campaign Roy.I think you'd be missing a big part of the game not to do it.
This. I'm not a huge online gamer but it is something I always go to if I have a spare hour or so. You need to preorder BF3 Roy.

Mito Sportiva 135
I don't care about online. Campaign is where it's at in my world. I just want solid shooting and great game design. In this regard the more modern CoDs, whilst good, are a bit too Michael Bay for me. Too much rarr and boooom and graarrr and "aright we f**kin did it!" set-pieces designed to impress the modern-day brain-dead console monkey.

You will and should. The campaign on BC2 isn't great to be honest, you are missing 90% of the fun if you don't play it online.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Regardless of platform, you're missing out.

Online is fantastic. I don't get your dismissive attitude to online play. I am disappoint.

With respect, I was playing online shooters while you guys were in short trousers. Probably literally in some cases. I've been there and done it. It was awesome fun but doesn't appeal to me anymore.

Last edited:
  Mito Sportiva 135
With respect Roy, how you can say "I've done X so I don't need to do X again" is a pretty weak argument. I first played online a decade ago and the difference between now and then is chalk and cheese. And like I said, the SP in BC2 is pretty weak, so if you are just going to play that I couldn't honestly recommend it.

Octy VRS
I don't like COD online at all as it's generally full of Yank shouty 10 year olds. BF games though are different, much more co-op in squads and I never use a headset anyway so I've no idea if the other players are 6 or 60. It's well worth it Roy, the SP is ok and worth playing through though.

LOL at weak argument. It's not an argument, I just don't have any interest in it anymore. Like I have no interest in tow eyes or bear stickers. I'm sure they're awesome to those that have them but I don't care. It's not a debate. It's a choice.

I read that the campaign was pretty good so I'm gonna give it a whirl. Steam is on the muthef*cka right now.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
How can you co op properly if you don't use a headset, and how do you know the cod players are shouty 10 year olds if you don't use one?

Evo 5 RS

Ok, well if that's honestly what you think you're only really paying for probably at a guesstimate - 20% of the game? lol

BC2 is one of the most awesome things to come out ever. Hours and hours of fun in the MP. I agree with MW, couldn't give a toss tbh

Octy VRS
How can you co op properly if you don't use a headset, and how do you know the cod players are shouty 10 year olds if you don't use one?
I used to use one and it pissed me off, believe me I gave COD4 a good hammering for a few weeks.

You can easily co-op online in a squad on BC2 as you can ask for ammo etc by pressing select at one of your team. You can spawn on them as they can on you and dish out med kits, revive them, fix vehicles etc. It works, I've had some brilliant squad games and pretty much always end up being top squad at the end.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Royston - I'm a massive fan of SP campaigns in games like these. In fact, they are the ONLY reason why I buy the next COD installment as their campaigns are really enjoyable.

The one on BC2 (while fun) is clearly an after-thought. Online is where it's at. It's massively more cerebral than COD online. Just like Kev182cup says, you WILL get mullered online if you go all commando. To COD'ers - this is an alien concept. If they haven't completed a round with a K/D ratio of 942/10, then they feel like they've played crap. It's possible to play on BC2 (again, using your brain) to survive in minutes rather than <10secs respawn-fest of COD. The unlocks are mostly sensible too - all that CODs missing to make it laughingly comparable to that joke (TF2) is a large selection of various hats.

Try BC2 online. You'll die (a lot) - but don't let that put you off. Think about what you're doing - hopefully squad up with some players that don't share the IQ of an Oxo cube and have fun. Jump into some vehicles and tour the maps - that's a good way of gaining map knowledge rather than on foot. It's worth it. It really is.

D.

Integra Type-R DC2
Nawww, you've just bought a game that you're only going to experience 15% of.

Serial, buying a Battlefield game and only playing SP is like going to Thailand and getting a massage without a happy ending.

Last edited:
  1.8 Civic EX
I used to use one and it pissed me off, believe me I gave COD4 a good hammering for a few weeks.

You can easily co-op online in a squad on BC2 as you can ask for ammo etc by pressing select at one of your team. You can spawn on them as they can on you and dish out med kits, revive them, fix vehicles etc. It works, I've had some brilliant squad games and pretty much always end up being top squad at the end.

I'm the same, I don't think I've actually played on a squad with people I know yet so headset has never been required. Just join a game and away I go. As long the squad I end up on a relatively clued up then it's all good. If they are 'tards then it's out on my own (which is still entirely possible on BC2, just bit more of a challenge).

However the amount of times I've been a sniper, run out of ammo and had assault squad members spawn on my position without dropping an ammo box is rediculous! One of the main reasons I die when being a camping scum bag is having to run into the mix of things to find some ammo as no-one on the squad has thought to drop some for me...

On the flip side it's quite satisfying killing someone that is an assualt class with your last bullet, then running out, swapping to thier kit, drop an ammo box then swap back to your own to restock and continue fully loaded :)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

I don't have a headset and still get on with BC2 brilliantly in a team. I'm sure the headset and communication helps ten fold, but if I'm happy - which I am - then I don't see the need to use one.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Also, just got an email from Amazon. The release date has been put forward to October 28th.

That's good Dice!

Integra Type-R DC2
Not alot will change between Alpha and release. Mostly it'll be tweaks, so fingers crossed all the praise should translate into the release, and it will be fecking amazing.

If X to the Z says it going to be good... well, thats good enough for me.

Still looks pretty good for consoles TBH!

MY GOD WHAT ONE SHOULD I GET!! I don't have many online friends who play this kinda game so not sure if I would be better suited to MW3 or this for online play!

FN2 Type R GT
Having seen the most recent videos i think i might have to transfer over from COD or just get both, but this game is definitely on the pre-order list, might also get BF2 to get some practice in before it comes out..

PC running 60FPS, consoles 30FPS.

MW3 runs at 60FPS on all formats.

Over the weekend, DICE confirmed that Battlefield 3 will run at 30 frames per second on consoles, half the framerate of the PC version. The developer claims that this will allow a greater degree of graphical detail whilst enabling the consoles to cope better with vehicles and multiplayer.

Speaking on Twitter in response to fan questions, DICE's Johan Andersson said: "We always do 30 fps on consoles, not possible to fit in vehicles, fx [effects], scale and all players otherwise."

No idea what kind of difference this will make to game play and never taken in to account what games run at what FPS!