ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC my arse, check this mofo

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/product_test/58139/best_buffers.html
car_portal_pic_20612.jpg

Ordered it around a week and a half ago to cheer myself up after what happened, so naturally having not had my car back haven't had the chance to try it out.

Since I am vastly lacking knowledge about these things what are some good products to use it with? I have some zymol wax that I was considering but surely there are some different types of pads and polishes that I could get?

Can someone point me in the right direction? R-jay perhaps? I know that your the man when it comes to cleaning.

(No offence intended at Adams post btw, a PC is obviously better than this, but I've wanted one of these for a while and didn't want to spend that much on a polisher)

I look forward to peoples comments.

Rob

Well the estimate is for this Monday coming, so I emailed the guy there and asked him, he said that depending on the work it could change.

The car is in the paint shop at the moment, and is due to be out a 6am on Friday, then it will have everything refitted, then all thats left is quality & valet, although I'm not to bothered about it being valeted, I can do that myself :)

106 GTi
The machne you have brought won't have the power to do any paint correction like a PC but will be ok for applying waxes with. Any liquid wax and most sealants will work ok with it.

Ad

MK2 FRS
None taken matey.

I was considering buying the meguairs one but felt for the extra i might as well go the whole way... also fancy making a hobby of it and doin a few other cars as well.

Yeah I can understand that. As the paint on my car is (well it was before it went into the garage) bloody perfect all I wanted it for was to make it look shiny.

Its good that I can use sealants with it, I remember applying some super gloss protection to my astra, took ages! Worth it though.

Hehe, not quite the same as a PC! I have the cosmos cordless thing but its only good for applying a bit of wax/sealant here or there.

Yeah I knew that when buying it, all I need it for is for polishing really so seems to do the job well enough.

polarbert said:
Yeah I knew that when buying it, all I need it for is for *waxing* really so seems to do the job well enough.

;) It's pretty useful for that I must admit, quicker than getting the PC etc out!

Yeah sorry my mistake, I always get those 2 mixed up, I shouldn't really need to be polishing my car as there is nothing wrong with the paint.

Ad

MK2 FRS
for sure mate.... give me a couple of week and sure i can sort a cheap price out for you matey.