ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC Memory question..

Leon Cupra R 225
Right I'm not all that uber geeky techy with PC's so I'd like some help.

My Dad has a pc, about 4 years old now, was put together by someone else, I have no idea what it's made up of entirely but I believe it's either 256MB or 512MB memory. Does that seem right?

I've been on ebuyer looking at desktop memory, but see theres different typres such as SDR, DDR, DDR2 etc...

I wana get upgrade the memory on his pc as it's pretty slow was thinking of taking it to 2 gig, same as my Dell as that's pretty quick, but how do I know what type of memory it is? And if there's a limit on how much I can put in?!

Sorry for the noobyness :eek: I don't really have much idea when it comes to pc memory :S

Cheers in advance

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Does it give anything more specific on it? Like PC2100 or something?

I'm guessing off it's age, it's likely to be either PC2100 or PC2700 memory. PC3200 did the rounds for a while as well, but came along a bit too late for most people to buy it.

The next issue you'll have is how many slots you have and what the capacity is of each slot? Some older motherboards may only allow 512MB per slot, though 1GB is more common.

Does Sandra provide any information regarding the motherboard? If it does, we can easily determine what capacities it has from the manufacturers website.

I'd rather hassle you with 20 questions now, than suggest a product code that could be completely wrong! ;)

D.

Punto/Clio GTT
drop the ram out and read the sticker, if its 4 years old ide expect it to be 184 pin 2100 266mhz 512 ddr

if im right, im god

Monaco 172 2/468
drop the ram out and read the sticker, if its 4 years old ide expect it to be 184 pin 2100 266mhz 512 ddr

if im right, im god

You guessed mine right lol, have a gold star :star:

It's hard finding places to upgrade the old ram for good prices, i'll post a link in a min where I was gonna buy from

Punto/Clio GTT

if im right, im god

You guessed mine right lol, have a gold star :star:

It's hard finding places to upgrade the old ram for good prices, i'll post a link in a min where I was gonna buy from

ty ;)

and yeah, i was gonna upgrade my old pc with some 2100 266mhz ram and it was cheaper to get the 3200 400mhz