ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pauls inferno 182 :D

Evo 8 MR
Nahhhh i couldn't do with having the 1.2 any longer just lacks power :smiley: and yeah in our final year now, what have you been up to anyway and hows the mazda??? Ive also got your OZ F1s on my 1.2 :smiley:
So are you doing your bachelors degree now? I'm still working full time, roof is going on this week on the house I believe but had a rotten bit of luck with the Mazda last week a conrod snapped and smashed the bottom end to pieces so it's off the road now for a bit.

The Eibach hubcentric spacers are the dogs danglies, I've used them on my 1.4, they're the best there is.

So are you doing your bachelors degree now? I'm still working full time, roof is going on this week on the house I believe but had a rotten bit of luck with the Mazda last week a conrod snapped and smashed the bottom end to pieces so it's off the road now for a bit.

The Eibach hubcentric spacers are the dogs danglies, I've used them on my 1.4, they're the best there is.
Damnnnn thats unlucky man hopefully you'll be back on the road soon :D Yeah man hopefully have my B-Eng in May :up: Cant believe your bbuildinga house now it doesn't seem that long a go when you was here driving your 172 :p

Update : I have been quite busy with my exams and assignments over the past few weeks.

I will be changing my exhaust mount rubbers tomorrow due to the standard ones deciding to collapse. I have chosen to go with some Powerflex rubbers as i've always heard high opinions on them.

I have also just bought a RS200 badge for the rear so that will be fitted soon....

Paul - you must know Adam Bryer Jones then as he got Steve's F1's when he was putting his Cup back to standard before his big move to Oz!

Car is coming on great, very subtle but effective changes. Looking forward to meeting you and seeing the car at the end of the month!

Paul - you must know Adam Bryer Jones then as he got Steve's F1's when he was putting his Cup back to standard before his big move to Oz!

Car is coming on great, very subtle but effective changes. Looking forward to meeting you and seeing the car at the end of the month!
Yeah i know him kind of @Stonzy knows him more, I cant wait to see the turbo :D, my car ain't 100% someone knocked off my wing mirror cover :(

Its been a while since i last updated this thread and a lot has happened since Jan 30th a few good and a few bad things 😢.
A few weeks back my exhaust mount rubbers decided to collapse, i decided to buy the powerflex rubbers then replacing the old ones with new Renault ones as they will end up collapsing again down the line. My mates mounts were too stiff and the exhaust was rattling on the rear bumper so we decided to change both at the same time.

IMG_02831_zps26x82eme.jpg

IMG_02981_zpsv35a0jz9.jpg

IMG_02971_zpsjmgqp4di.jpg

IMG_02961_zpsrevaaoxz.jpg

IMG_03011_zps5wh9r6tu.jpg

IMG_02831_zps26x82eme.jpg

IMG_02971_zpsjmgqp4di.jpg

Once done couldn't resist a cheeky photo :tongueout:

At the end of January i attended the Blackpool car meet (was surrounded by quite a few dick heads) but was good to meet a bunch of Renault lads.
Before the event decided to give my car some TLC and some alterations. Before i cleaned it i decided to re-fit the cold air feed pipe i had to take out to fit the new air filter.

IMG_03311_zpsmwc7uqao.jpg

To access the area of interest i decided to remove the battery which made life a lot easier.
IMG_03361_zpskxy5gno0.jpg

Once the pipe was re-fitted it needed to be cut so i could fit the new air filter.
IMG_03381_zpsej5bkaoj.jpg

Sits nicely under the air filter :smiley:

IMG_03391_zpsq2ydb3bv.jpg

All snug back in position

IMG_03431_zpsqdnub3i8.jpg

A problem that has been getting on my nerves for some time is the condensation in one of the front headlights.

IMG_03441_zpset37nyds.jpg

Time for the trusty hair dryer to do its job :up:

http://[URL=http://s1369.photobucket.com/user/eLevateMethodz/media/IMG_03531_zpsccgazqp1.jpg.html][ATTACH=full]1208088[/ATTACH]
[IMG]http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag240/eLevateMethodz/IMG_03531_zpsccgazqp1.jpg

Now time for a good cleaning :smile:
I started off with giving the wheels a proper snow foaming and scrub once off the car.

IMG_03551_zpsz9lhkxlh.jpg

IMG_03581_zpssdogflap.jpg

IMG_03591_zps3sr4wavf.jpg

IMG_03631_zpswuvusl5h.jpg

They came out looking well :smile::up:
Next on the cleaning list was the rest of the car

IMG_03681_zps8knuxjey.jpg

IMG_03671_zpsy9lk5dbe.jpg

IMG_03641_zpsa681xmka.jpg

The next updates are mostly negative, basically i noticed my tracking was slightly out so i went to get it sorted (didn't end up well).
Driving home the steering wheel was more out then when i took it there.

IMG_03791_zpsf5fgrzxe.jpg

Before i got it sorted i manged to scrape down the side of another car that was hidden in front of a bus (s**t myself) when i saw the damage i nearly shed a tear, (lost the rear trim).

IMG_03791_zpsf5fgrzxe.jpg
IMG_03781_zpslhzgwwxb.jpg

IMG_03161_zpsgm268sni.jpg

I got a quick replacement for the wing mirror cover which was quickly fitted.

IMG_03241_zpsikxgjrnc.jpg

IMG_03251_zpss3rtyyzn.jpg

IMG_03271_zpsgeyloodn.jpg

Looking on eBay and the internet i manged to get a replacement bullet and trims. I soon got an e-mail telling me the rear trim section had been damaged in the post so i only got the front and bullet (still missing rear trim). I fitted the new front trim and bullet which ended up getting stolen 3 days later :astonished::rage:. I am now left with no trim or bullet on the passenger side :down::tired:.

IMG_03921_zpskhhpppri.jpg

I have recently found a full set of trims and bullets in blue which i'm gonna spray orange in the next week.
Another alteration i have decided to take on is designing a trumpet for the end of the cold air feed using 3D-Cad and a 3D printer. I've got two prototypes made up.

IMG_05821_zpsau6qjfmh.jpg

IMG_02551_zpsfqqmk0wh.jpg

Once I've decided on a design i will then get it re-printed in the best quality in my chosen colour.
To make up for the negatives i have decided i am going to purchase a de-cat in the next week, this decision was made due to hearing the delightful noise @Stonzy car has been making with his de-cat.

Attachments

• IMG_03381_zpsej5bkaoj.jpg
    IMG_03381_zpsej5bkaoj.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_03431_zpsqdnub3i8.jpg
    IMG_03431_zpsqdnub3i8.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_03531_zpsccgazqp1.jpg
    IMG_03531_zpsccgazqp1.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
It's Been a hell of a while since I last updated this thread and I have carried out a lot of work on the old guy. After my replacement trim was robbed i decided to purchase a set of blue trims and spay them inferno orange , also i decided to spray my bullets orange and the 2.0 16v silver.
IMG_0665_zpsnn8z9bgz.jpg

IMG_0619_zpsixgltort.jpg

IMG_1427_zpsuxtsncvd.jpg

Now my body work was finally back to par for the third time lucky and i was quite happy with the results of the bullets. Next I decided to purchase a toyosports manifold and manifold plus a non resonated scorpion centre section. When purchasing this I didn't realise exactly how much of a ball ache fitting the exhaust manifold would be :weary:, I ended up having to drop the subframe, disconnect the steering rack and the gear linkage, also remove the intake plenum just to fit the exhaust manifold. Before the manifold was fitted I decided to heat wrap the manifold. Implementing this i ended up getting drenched and covered in fibres which don't particularly play nice in the wash :tonguewink:.
IMG_1096_zpspacbstgw.jpg
IMG_1097_zpsrgswzzgf.jpg

1C0AF8C9-2DCC-4DF3-B295-757440B2055D_zpsoj1zs1ps.jpg

IMG_1074_zpskvhbc55q.jpg

IMG_1106_zps8rsq72i3.jpg

While the intake plenum was off the car I decided to clean the throttle body as it was full of grime, after some carburettor cleaner and some elbow grease it come out like new :up:

2D2B7467-D2A2-44AC-ADCA-6D6D91929FE0_zpsvoqo5gdl.jpg

The next edition to the car was a flocked dashboard and pillars. Luckily for me @arctic-182-rs was selling them on here. The top dashboard was quite simple to fit however I had to break the standard pillars to get the sensors off them. Once fitted i really think it finishes of the inside, however I didn't anticipate how annoying they would be to clean :grin:

IMG_1428_zpsaklpq6qy.jpg

Everything else will be written up tomorrow probably during lunch break so stay tuned :smile:

Over the past few weeks my car has decided to put me through some stress :weary:, Firstly all my electrics decided to go except for the engine electrics which meant I had no lights or indicators, which obviously made me unliked on the road. The problem seemed to be a water damaged xenon which blew the entire circuit. I managed to pick up a replacement off here the same day thanks to @awretham . Once fitted and replacing around 10 fuses my electrics were all working once more..

IMG_1384_zpsy9xnsung.jpg

After recently finishing university I have recently landed a job as a dyno test engineer which is awesome. Once receiving my first pay check I decided to spend a little bit of time and money on my car. I decided to alter a number of little things before I start purchasing bigger upgrades.

I decided to:
  • Purchase a Battery cover
  • Replace slam panel bolts for new black stainless steel ones
  • Change washer jets for Peugeot Mist style ones
  • Fitted Solid Gear box stabiliser bar
  • Replaced cone filter for standard air box with ram air filter
  • Replaced side Cup stickers with genuine cup badges

I started off by fitting the gearbox stabiliser bar which was relatively easy as it only consisted of removing two bolts, However I couldn't wait to take my vehicle to the workshop so I decided to fit it outside @Stonzy house with the use of a jack and axle stands.

IMG_1297_zpsp2z55o6u.jpg

IMG_1298_zpsrgnmeuci.jpg

The stabiliser bar has definitely improved gear changing however there is a slight increase in vibration though the steering wheel which doesn't bother me :D
The next few modifications all took place under the hood. Firstly i decided to change the slam panel bolts for new black stainless steel bolts as the original bolts were starting to show their age.

BEFORE

45894a43-c75b-4f2d-82cf-472311b597ca_zpsbkfio3zi.jpg

AFTER

IMG_1396_zpszb18kdzu.jpg

Next alteration to the car was replacing the original spark plugs with New NGK Laser Platinum ones as over the past week I noticed my vehicle was mis-firing, The original spark plugs were definitely past it and weren't the recommended ones anyway so it was about time they got changed. Also while the bonnet was open I also replaced the standard panel filter with a one produced by ram air. I also got round to fitting a battery cover.

IMG_1401_zpshh2oi0y8.jpg

b72c0b2e-9e87-4a27-b55e-482e15b3329e_zpskwrl3vvd.jpg

IMG_1398_zpsju3q0bu4.jpg

As probably everyone knows the original windscreen washer jets are horrible, so i decided to purchase new Peugeot mist style washers. The difference is massive as less washer fluid is used and they covered the windscreen evenly :up::grinning:

BEFORE

IMG_1387_zpstxv3rrsi.jpg

AFTER

IMG_1399_zpsyvk4rnbm.jpg

For the past month i have not been able to get the radio as someone decided the look of my aerial and basically took it without asking 😢. I decided to purchase a new stumpy C2 aerial as I did kind of miss the radio.

IMG_1389_zps503hccct.jpg

The final alteration of the day was replacing the cup stickers on the side of the doors with genuine cup badges.

BEFORE

IMG_1388_zpswpsrk4ok.jpg

AFTER

IMG_14261_zpsfiaoro0z.jpg

I know this isn't a huge change but I do prefer the badges over the stickers :up:

Now everything was completed I decided that the motor deserved a bit of TLC since I haven't really washed it in a while.

IMG_1405_zps1pkm4hl2.jpg

IMG_1408_zps6qla2oen.jpg

Mine and @Stonzy car showing up the mini obviously :p

After all these positives can never happen without something s**t happening. In my case some invalid decided to drive into my car and basically engrave my front bumper. I'm really contemplating just buying a second hand bumper as it'll probably cost the same as getting it smoothed and sprayed, however there is a limited amount of front inferno orange bumpers up for sale at the moment . :down::sweat:

IMG_1429_zpsea0fmyhq.jpg

If people cant drive or park properly then it leaves me to do things like this :grimacing:

IMG_0990_zpsmcwga2nc.jpg

The most recent edition are genuine Renault Sport mats thanks to @cwt :smile:

IMG_14302_zpsbuivk4wu.jpg

Really think my car is taking shape now, Over the next few months I will be purchasing more modifications like:

• Front and Rear strut braces
  • New Ferrodo Pads
  • Uprated Top Mounts
  • White arb Anti roll bars
  • Bottom Flocked Dashboard
  • MAYBE throttle bodies or Turbo :D