ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Passenger window regulator

I'm assuming the regulator has gone because neither switch works anymore for the passenger side.

Problem is the window is stuck all the way down.

I've took everything I can off but I cannot release the window from the slider due to it being all the way down.

Wtf do I do now? Is there a way to release it all without breaking the glass or is that my only option now

I hate this car.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
On the back of the plastic frame in the middle of the glass, there's a retaining clip behind the frame.
Pull that out and the glass will become free.

RB Clio 182
As above, or buy a new switch for the drivers side, this will fix it, i had exactly the same, I bought a new reg and it still didnt work, bought a switch off here for a couple of quid and shabbam, it works.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
As above, or buy a new switch for the drivers side, this will fix it, i had exactly the same, I bought a new reg and it still didnt work, bought a switch off here for a couple of quid and shabbam, it works.

Same here! Pop it off and have a look, the switch inside will be black if it's fucked, doesn't take long to check :) fiver off eBay and you're sorted.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Did yours not work on the passenger side aswell as the drivers side? Both buttons don't work on this one

For reasons unknown Renault decided to run the power supply through the drivers side switch and then onto the passenger side, so there's only one feed to the motor/regulator.

As soon as there's a problem with either switch the regulator stops working unfortunately, you can bridge the connections on the drivers side to enable the passenger side to work but this is obviously only a temporary fix to get you out of trouble