ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Passenger Window Problem

Mk2 1.2 16v
Last night i was out, like normal, when i pressed the drivers side button to put the passengers window down.

The window went right down as normal, but later when i tried to put the window up, it just did not move.

I have tried the passenger switch and that does not work either.

and im left with a car thats window is open, and ive had to garage it to prevent thieves etc lol :dead:

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
window mechanisem gone kaput?

iirc the both windows run off the same fuse, so if one opens and other isnt then it cant be that.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Tiz the window regulator my friend.

www.eurocarparts.com

Easy to fit, around a 30 minute job

Its the plastic housing that alows the wire to go up and down and let it move freely, a very common problem among Renaults

www.renparts.co.uk
Cliospares (01302) 867985 have them in stock at £40 plus delivery, if you ring up before about 3ish they should be able to get it out today meaning you could have it tomorrow, save you having your car in the garage

Nicolasticity

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172+MG+SAAB++
Mines gone too - second time as well after 5 years. My problem is the cheap nylon guide that snaps. Just now removed the panel and found the nylon piece in the door. Checking the site for the size of the bolt that goes through the window (think its 8mm)

This site is great - its a simple clip not a bolt - job done

Never lost a cable though.

So if your plastic bits are sound .....

Last edited:
  Mk2 Ph1 1.2 Sport
Mine too!!! :eek:

It's a bugger, it was snowing when it happened too!!!

Oh, its possible to move the window back up with your hands on either side slowly
(snowing + wearing dress + friends in car + in a rush, so i tried everything!!)

I've just bought a repair kit thing off ebay which has the cables and the stupid clip, as my motor is still working.
Was only about £25 inc. p+p

How did you sort yours?

Nicolasticity

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172+MG+SAAB++
fixed! Glued some bits measured bits, moved bits. filed bits. Realised my replacement Renault part cost at over £100 WAS SOLD TO ME NON CONFORMING TO THE DRAWING! Brought it two years ago, window wind'ed slow but OK but I know why it failed....

Love the car hate Renault!

but now it all works OK - will post story next week but araldite, and a keen eye can fix many failures....