ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PAS Leak

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
Woken up to a nice pool of pas fluid on my driveway. Only place I can see it would be leaking from is here
WP_20171007_18_19_28_Pro.jpg

is it just a case of disconnecting the lower pipe and replacing an O ring? If so does anyone have a part number for it (pic taken after cleaning the pipe up)

don't seem to have lost any fluid from the reservoir so don't think it's a big leak

thanks in advance

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
I think its just the lower pipe, I will properly clean it all up and then double check where its leaking

Am I likely to lose much pas fluid when disconnecting it do you know?

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
Right, this has turned into a large leak whilst its sat on the drive and theres fluid dripping off the sump. both pressure switch and connection seem dry so have concluded it must be pump related.

Have ordered reconditioned unit for it

Are there any guides on here? I will work it out myself as iv had the engine out before now and have changed the aux belt/tensioner previously but if theres a guide it will make life a little easyer

Also, I replaced my aux belt (just belt) about 2k ago due to deteriation. will I need to replace it again as I'm loosening the tention?

Thanks

172 cup
What u mean the switch let's go and shredds the belts? I'm guessing u mean it gets caught in the belts behind it and game over? How would u know if the pump seizes ?

This is on the valver?

IIRC there's a metal PAS pipe that wraps round the front of the engine, which rusts through and fails?

IIRC that's something I had to replace, but it's so long ago now, I really can't remember which part it was.

I think cleaning everything, refilling and then watching where it's pissing out from might be the easiest way of identifying the culprit!

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
From when my PAS high pressure pipe went I looked at it and thought that is a pig of a job and took it to a garage, who i think made it into a bit of a mamoth task by dropping the sub frame and complained to me that it was far too difficult, and from comments on here was totally un-necessary. I will not be using that garage again.
So it is basically access issues and how much patients you have to getting to it.

Aren't AUX belts pence in comparison? So if you are worried just replace it anyway??

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
What u mean the switch let's go and shredds the belts? I'm guessing u mean it gets caught in the belts behind it and game over? How would u know if the pump seizes ?

I think he means it leaks, allowing the pump to run dry. May be wrong though

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
This is on the valver?

IIRC there's a metal PAS pipe that wraps round the front of the engine, which rusts through and fails?

IIRC that's something I had to replace, but it's so long ago now, I really can't remember which part it was.

I think cleaning everything, refilling and then watching where it's pissing out from might be the easiest way of identifying the culprit!
Na the valvers much more reliable This is the 172

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
From when my PAS high pressure pipe went I looked at it and thought that is a pig of a job and took it to a garage, who i think made it into a bit of a mamoth task by dropping the sub frame and complained to me that it was far too difficult, and from comments on here was totally un-necessary. I will not be using that garage again.
So it is basically access issues and how much patients you have to getting to it.

Aren't AUX belts pence in comparison? So if you are worried just replace it anyway??

can't see the high pressure pas pipe being hard to change so no idea why they would need to drop the subframe

Iknow but that's another tenner for a belt iv just replaced that I don't have. Spent £75 on a pump, £4 on 2 "o" rings, £18 on a pressure switch aswel as top up fluid
WP_20171012_13_29_27_Pro.jpg

I have pictures of mine like that somewhere :D lol

Bit scary for a mechanical noob like me, but a good feeling to actually get things fixed and learn along the way :)