ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Part Numbers needed! Useless Stealers

Megane 225
Right, I have a 02 172 FF and need to replace the shocks! Want to put the cup shocks in, but apparently they need a chasis number so they can find the part number? Anyone know the part numbers for these?

Cheers, Stuart

Megane 225
Thanks Fred, would the trophy shocks fit? Just a thought! LOL! They're prob a bit 2 expensive!

Megane 225
But the cup shocks will def fit?

Or would I be better with koni's or somethin else?

Cheers,

Stu

BMW M135i
Aren't the cup shocks different bolt spacing or is that just with the 182? Any benefit using the cup shocks?

Megane 225
Aren't the cup shocks different bolt spacing or is that just with the 182? Any benefit using the cup shocks?

So the whole hub's different? Cos any after market supplier of shocks lists the same shocks for 172/cup?

But the cup shocks will def fit?

Or would I be better with koni's or somethin else?
I woulnd't bother with Koni personaly. Cups shock will fit though yep.

You have to spend a lot to beat the stock setup IMO.

So the whole hub's different? Cos any after market supplier of shocks lists the same shocks for 172/cup?
Hubs are the same your thinking about the 182.

172 and 172 cup can interchnage the suepsnion parts.

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
I'm running adjustable Koni's with -30mm springs alround. Left em on the soft setting at present and handles a treat, especially as the roads can be abit bumpy round Notts. Come with lifetime warranty too.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
cant see cup dampers been that much different to warrent changing them from good standard dampers, but if yours are gone then might as well change them for cup items.

what was the difference between the 2?

Has anyone actually noticed a difference going onto the cup shocks? Didnt think they were much stiffer?
No much different at all.

People "see" he difference when there comparing worn full fat to new Cup shoes but tht not a fair comparison.