ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

part number for inner CV boot on 172 shaft

Ph1
Can never understand why folk on here ask for part numbers. I mean, youve still got to go into the dealers anyway and it can all be done just as quick with a quote of the reg plate plus theres always a risk someone quotes the wrong part number, as above :lolup: :)

Ph1
more likely to get the right part number on here than in any dealership near us!

Aye depending on which 'tuning team' you support :eek:

Never had a prob with my Renault dealers where parts are concerned and over 6 years iv practically bought a new car worth of parts

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
the dealers are crap. i dont think ive ever ordered a part and its been right!

Last edited:
  80MPG BEEZA
as far as i'm aware ben the inner cv boots are pressed into the carriers and cant be replaced, unless i'm incorrect? which you have to prove me wrong because i bodged a universal one on until i find out probably get a new driveshaft and polish the arms up

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
as far as i'm aware ben the inner cv boots are pressed into the carriers and cant be replaced, unless i'm incorrect? which you have to prove me wrong because i bodged a universal one on until i find out probably get a new driveshaft and polish the arms up

did the universal one work?

80MPG BEEZA
yea its still on now, are we talking drivers side? i'm guessing theirs a carrier on each side any way?

theirs no way to dissassemble the carrier, so we put a cut down universal boot in boiling water (7.99 halfords jobie) greased up the carrier, turned the boot inside out then work the boot over the carrier, very suprised it didnt rip tbh.

if you had the outer cv joint off aswell it would have made it alot easier to work with, we put 2 clips on each end and ragged them tight to ensure their was no way they'd slip off

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
what clips did you use? the tie type you need a tool for iirc.

i think a jubilee would cause a wobble?

80MPG BEEZA
no the thin metal strip ones you get in the kit, just dont be a fool like me and try them because once you push them in they dont come back out unlike a cable tie!

if you go to halfords ask for the universal one with 5000 in the serial code, you cut 2 steps of the boot off and the one that is now top will fit snuggly over the carrier, use 2 sets of pliers to pull the fastner tight as you can only holds grease in ffs! lol see how long it lasts anyways