ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Parrot & no speedo

Clio 172
Hello gents,

I have a really funny problem. Every time I plug my iPod into my Parrot MKi9200 and play a song, suddenly my speedo reads zero. Then if I unplug it, the speedo will read normal, I've tried it at varying speeds.

I thought earlier, when travelling down the motorway, to use the cruise control to get over the situation, but as soon as I play a song through my iPod it disengages the cruise control!

Has anyone experienced this fault before?

Cheers
Alex

Audi TT 3.2
the only thing i can think is that the parrot kit is interfering with the speed pulse at the back of the head unit, is it a standard head unit?

Audi TT 3.2
who fitted the parrot for you? ive fitted hundreds of these and never came across this problem before! if you were closer id come and have a look for you!

Clio 172
haha - I fitted it myself!

I can't think of anything - doesn't do it if I answer the phone, only when I play a song on my iPod, I can plug it in and charge it, but as soon as I play a track, speedo dies lol.

Audi TT 3.2
well when i next fit a parrot mki9200 i wil have a look at the iso wiring that comes with the kit, and then compare it to the back of my clio head unit and maybe that will be able to shed some light on it! it might only be a case of swapping a wire over!

Audi TT 3.2
and is it just the speedo that dies not the rev counter. if its just the speedo then id say its somthing to do with the speed pulse!

disconnect the mute lead youve connected,doesnt need to be done.im guessing pin 1 or 3 youve used?cant remember speed pulse one off top of my head.the relay basically blocks the speed pulse signal and kills the speedo for the entirety of the call/song,spoken menu,etc

will sort it straight away

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
I have the same issue.
I have changed from mute 1 two mute 2 and will go for a drive in a mo see if that's sorted it