ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Parked Car Under A Tree

Not a 320d
Yeah so.

I need a product I can get off the shelf at Halfrauds or similar.... to remove tree sap :banghead:

Wont be able to get hold of that daemon shine stuff (Because JD bought everyone out for miles around).

I have no Snowfoam, no pre wash. Just BTBM and detailing spray.

I could rub the paint down with detailing spray but id sooner not! I also have Eraser and Sonax Paint Prep (IPA). Again Id sooner not use this as I dont want to remove LSP.

Im thinking...

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_230569_langId_-1_categoryId_165682

Or engine and machine cleaner....

Last edited:
  Golf GT & A4 Avant
Mines parked near a tree at home, already getting spots of SAP and aphids droppings on the car. Tar remover sprayed on and wiped off normally removed all signs of it.

Not a 320d
Think thats basically what mines covered in. Aphid s**t. Theres a fair few dead aphids on it too.

Ill get some Engine and machine cleaner and dilute it 50% and try that. Hopefully that and a wash with BTBM will sort it.

Mine got caked in tree sap yesterday. Won't be able to give it a clean until at least tomorrow/Monday. Awful stuff.

Are there any effects if left on for a few days?

S4 Avant
Clay bar. Meguiars clay kit is sold in halfords.

enough clay to last you a long time, and a free micro fibre towel. It's like Christmas all over again.

Not a 320d
Rapid dirt shifter worked with Pressure washer. Cant get to grips with this Sonax QD. Its good and all but f**k me it smears.

JD was busy last night - I text him but said something about a gay bar and Kevin.... He was drunk and I could hear YMCA in the background.

GTD, Lupo
Just wash it!

Mine was totally covered last week to the point where the paint looked like it had gone totally flat. Snow foam and wash, unless it has baked on for months it shouldn't have hardend that much!

BG 182
Clay bar. Meguiars clay kit is sold in halfords.

enough clay to last you a long time, and a free micro fibre towel. It's like Christmas all over again.

this exactly claying will be by far the best for this will remove the sap along with other dirt on the paint plus leaves paint feeling smooth as glass :) but you will need to put a wax on for protection as the clay will strip the old wax back

this exactly claying will be by far the best for this will remove the sap along with other dirt on the paint plus leaves paint feeling smooth as glass :) but you will need to put a wax on for protection as the clay will strip the old wax back

The initial post wasn't very helpful. Toby was looking for something that would remove tree sap from already protected paint, hence looking at shampoos and Rapid Dirt Shifter/Citrus Power, i.e. wax friendly products.