ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Panda 100HP

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I bought this about 3 or 4 months ago for my partner, she wanted a small 5 door car that was going to be economical to run. This came up for sale locally so I went for a look and ended up coming home with it. When I drive it now I'm still surprised at how well it handles.

001_zps0ff6c5bd.jpg

002_zps749d7fe7.jpg

003_zpseb4c8eb9.jpg

004_zps1b6c1c11.jpg

005_zpsd4464677.jpg

007_zps97012fb8.jpg

006_zpse0f6c419.jpg

013_zps6da4dcc3.jpg

014_zps4165ba4f.jpg

015_zpsb9c1e3b3.jpg

016_zps0de068f5.jpg

018_zpsbe019d06.jpg

017_zps3194d328.jpg

Suzuki Jimny
That looks awesome. Epic colour too. I'm secretly hoping my girlfriends punto blows up (Never serviced) so I can buy her one of these.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
These are fantastic, i'd have one no problem. I can never find the thread where the guy super/turbo charged it and it was 200bhp lol.

I had one in that colour. I still maintain that it handled better than my Trophy even as standard!

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Thinking about one of these at the moment for some economical but fun driving.

Have you had any issues with it? Any idea what MPG you're getting?

No issues at all but it's only done 27k. I had the cam belt done when I got it at a Fiat dealer and that cost £245, same intervals as a Clio I believe.

She doesn't do many long trips but she still averages 40mpg, pretty much the same as her previous car, a 1.2 Fabia.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Sounds good to me. Cheers.

Me and the gf went to look at one and she was put off by the interior (I want to get a car she'll drive too) but think I'll get one anyway.

I don't mind the dash and the seats but the door handles and some of the plastics do feel cheap.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
These are fantastic, i'd have one no problem. I can never find the thread where the guy super/turbo charged it and it was 200bhp lol.

All his pictures in his build thread seem to be dead. He has a few videos on his youtube page though.

He had a Clio 200 running schrick cams and turbo'd i'm sure too!

Last edited by a moderator:
  Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Epic cars, almost bought one!

Really wanted the gf to get one ages ago but she really hates them :(. Finally persuaded her into a 500 abarth though ha!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Awesome little thing! Needs a fruity exhaust and some springs but lovely little bus! Think Jesus had an exhaust on his.

Great choice. Loved mine and it wasn't shy on track either. I changed springs for Spax units and fitted Koni Srs shockers which got rid of the horrible bouncy ride that comes as standard. Also changed the exhaust centre section for a straight through pipe which gave it a nice rasp. Was a great little car to drive and I never got the 172 to handle as well as my Panda.
y2egebyb.jpg

172 rag
I have exactly the same color back home.
It is one little manic immensely fun car to drive.
I used it as a recce car for 2 years without a hiccup.
I changed the cpw to lower the geraring (4th was maxxed at 70 miles) lol
Rims EvoCorse with the kit car offset
Toyo 888
Koni sport with eibach springs but after handmade coilovers
Plates for camber at the back.
A trully epic car that served me well everyday and it was on a mission during the weekends.
I must find photos
Enjoy

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lovely. Look great in White as per the above one.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
We've also got one of these.

10056294396_f3414a5066_b.jpg

Panda by Matt Cup, on Flickr

Suspension is quite crashy, does anyone know of any way to improve that? And fuel economy seems quite a lot lower than the Lupo it replaced but I suppose that is to be expected.

Last edited:
  172 rag
Koni adj with hr springs is said to be the less crashy combo. The problem with the panda is at the rear end and thats why many times in a corner the front wheel spins in the air. Try first dampers and then you see if you want to change springs.
When I tried the koni with the original springs it was much better.
Just keep in mind that Koni will not last as they used to do in the past.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Yeah I'll look into some koni's, I've heard that the rear bump stops are too long and that some off a fiat coupe may fit is that correct or something I've just made up?

172 rag
Yeah I'll look into some koni's, I've heard that the rear bump stops are too long and that some off a fiat coupe may fit is that correct or something I've just made up?

We used from a punto gt but again they needed trimming.
If you dont carry passengers its not that important though. The only way to remedy the rear is to use the rear axle from the Ka that has the inbuilt stabiliser.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
We used from a punto gt but again they needed trimming.
If you dont carry passengers its not that important though. The only way to remedy the rear is to use the rear axle from the Ka that has the inbuilt stabiliser.

Thanks for the advice, it's only a grocery getter so to speak so I'll look into the dampers, changing the beam seems like a lot of effort for minimal gain.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I love these, shame the missus thinks they look like cars for the disabled. :(

Im with your mrs on that one im just waiting for a set of wheelchair ramps to pop out of the back.

Shame really as evo rated them so highly in all their tests...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Superb cars. I took one around Donnington and I didn't want to get out of it.

Has to be grey or white for me though. In that order.

Swift Sport
I nearly bought one of these too but as Daveski said the interior is horrid, and that's coming from someone with an Ignis.

172 rag
I nearly bought one of these too but as Daveski said the interior is horrid, and that's coming from someone with an Ignis.
Exactly the same but the other way round lol
The funny thing is that in mine nothing ever ever rattled despite the everyday 888 that it had and the coil overs,not even blown a fuse. The clio is shocking compared to the italian polish panda.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Looks great. Always liked these how much is a used one now.?

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Looks great. Always liked these how much is a used one now.?

There seems to be quite a range on used prices. I'd have thought an early 2006 car with 80k and in decent condition/history could be had for £2000-£2250.

MINI-R32-integrale

The rear bump stops are long, giving the rear suspension little travel before bottoming out, the same problem the 500 Abarth has as they share a platform. This gets even worse by fitting lowered springs as the car continunally bottoms out on the bump stops. Fitting the Fiat Coupe bump stops improves things greatly as gives more suspension travel yet does what they are meant to do and prevent the springs becoming coil bound or the damper bring over compressed.

Rear dampers are known to blow causing rattling from the rear as not so obvious as not a lot of oil vapour on the damper body is present.

I have a Fiat Cinquecento with the Panda 1.4 16V engine and 6 speed gearbox with a Quaife LSD fitted, to get them made Quaife wanted an initial 20 ordered to justify set up costs etc, so I bought 3 as part of a group buy to help set it up, and consequently sold 2 to a guy in Germany who did rallies in his Panda 100HP, and know a couple of road going Panda/500 owners have fitted the diff as its brilliant. Pretty cheap at £600 and easy to fit, the crown wheel just unbolts for example.