ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Paintless Dent Removal Talent...

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
My bro has his own PDR company based in the Hertfordshire/Essex region.
Some of the dents he can get out are remarkable it's not only the size and depth of dents but the locations on the body as well.
Being from a Painter background I'm amazed at some of the dents he can get out without resorting to body filler and paint.

I believe the trick is to work the metal in concentric circles from outside in then tap the metal from the outside to reform the shape.

Is ur bro county dents matt? Im gonna get him round mine after the NY to get rid of a couple of tiny dents that really bug me lol

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Yeah that is my brother.
He should be able to sort your dents for you.

ITB BG 182
I would like to find some one like that in the Nottingham area thats good at PDR, only thing is I have heard so many dodgy stories about each of the companies I have looked up.

Clio 172
We had a load of the hail damage cars into our bodyshop in Leicester. We had some PDR guys from Italy come over, they were charging the Insurance companies an average of £4000 a car. The guys were doing up to 6 cars a day between three of them and you wouldn't know they had been damaged afterwards, saved the insurance companies thousands of pounds compared with changing panels and paint etc.

BG182ff,explod Focus
4876696414_d3f62d18be.jpg

RS4
I have the name of a dent removal guy and he is fantastic at what he does.

Got his number from a mate who used to work at a BMW bodyshop in Hitchin.

Similar dent to yours but on a door not the rear quarter he got it sitting perfect!

Amazing what some of these dent removal guys can do and i think they are well priced.

Not the J&M Guy is it?

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
The PDR guys really do meddle in the dark arts. They can put most panel beaters to shame.

Whats important to remember though is that the dent shown in that Bimmer has no splits or folds and the paint isn't compromised. With a dent of that size and severity thats fooking rare.
As soon as they paint is split then you'd need to paint the panel and most likely blend the surrounding panels.

So whilst they are indeed magicians, they are only magicians if the trick/dent is a particular type. I.e door dents.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
There you are! Long time no speak chap!

Ollie is indeed bang on hence them being perfect for carpark and small ball type dents where nothing "sharp" has hit the panel.

The hailstone damage is like Christmas for those guys.

I'm a sceptical guy and the skill has impressed me, completely depends on the guy doing the job as you would expect.

N reg clio mk1 1.8 1
they use bars to lever out the dent putting little tits in it then using a little hammer to tap the tits back in my 172 has just had the doors and 1/4 panels done will get pics of it for u guys

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
There you are! Long time no speak chap!

Ollie is indeed bang on hence them being perfect for carpark and small ball type dents where nothing "sharp" has hit the panel.

The hailstone damage is like Christmas for those guys.

I'm a sceptical guy and the skill has impressed me, completely depends on the guy doing the job as you would expect.

Hello squire, indeed it has been. Been doing my best to limit my CS intake.....mainly to preserve my sanity. Feel like my IQ drops a few notches with every visit ;).

Shall PM you and give you my latest....