ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Paintless Dent Removal Talent...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Now we have a chap that comes in at times. He owns his own Dent Devils franchise, he easily one of the best in the game and some of the things i've seen him remove is mind blowing.

Anyway the guy who he spent 3 months solid with and years training with did this during a training exercise one day just to show what could be done.

A91VaWfCIAASm75.jpg

A91VfFdCEAAT16z.jpg

Last edited:

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Thats mental.. How long would that take?

Edit: I see you edited it...

Last edited:

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
That's properly insane, it also shows how good his work is if someone who would usually be against "dent removal men" is willing to step up and say it's pretty f**king awesome.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Alot less tbh... That would have to be blended into the boot lid, door and probably bumper o do the job right...

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The savings would be crazy. Especially considering you would never repair that in a bodyshop in 95% of cases so he could spend a week on that and it would still save over half the cost.

Our guy is superb but obviously this guy is on another level.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
It's pretty impressive, but why would you be against it? I don't see how a dint that big appears without and scuffs or scratches...

FF 182
I have the name of a dent removal guy and he is fantastic at what he does.

Got his number from a mate who used to work at a BMW bodyshop in Hitchin.

Similar dent to yours but on a door not the rear quarter he got it sitting perfect!

Amazing what some of these dent removal guys can do and i think they are well priced.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's pretty impressive, but why would you be against it? I don't see how a dint that big appears without and scuffs or scratches...

Who's against it?

Scuffs and scratches can polish out especially just someone falling against it.

I've seen the damage a motorbike handle did to a quarter! Frightening.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
How does it look when looking down the panel?

I've spent more money on PDR than most, there are definitely some cowboys and magicians out there.

Photo's can be deceiving though, the amount of times I've seen a dent removed but ripples left is frightening.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The guy we use is very good. We wouldn't use him if he left anything noticeable. We would be aswell as just repairing and painting it!

He said the panel looked superb in person and going by his standards I believe it but then again the time was spent on it. He did say the orange peel of the BM kinda ruined the shot a bit.

We're a very fussy bodyshop so he's definitely good!

Clio DCI 65
Are you sure they swapped the before and after pictures around? Like take a pic of it without the dent, then smash the car up and take another? Because that is prety impressive

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
There are plenty of video clips on YouTube, including a few with similar damage, compressed air cans turned upside down so they spray cold, then a heat gun, slide hammers with the end stuck onto the panel and then pdr tools to finish off.

I must admit though to do it properly it is a art, I too know a very good pdr man been doing it for years, he is also very quick at doing most "parking dents"

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Are you sure they swapped the before and after pictures around? Like take a pic of it without the dent, then smash the car up and take another? Because that is prety impressive

No this isn't like an urban Myth type thing mate. Our debt guy owns a massive franchise he's not some lacky if that makes sense.

He seen some of the work carried out, he's there about once a month, bare in mind this was used as a training exercise whilst teaching others.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I genuinely don't understand how that is possible, surely bits of the metal will have stretched?

Haha! Indeed mate, the ironic thing is, we dress up panels before any filler work is done, the better you dress the less time and crap filler work needed. These guys are doing something very special that panel beaters wish they could do.

I found out that this trainer guy actually brings the panel out too far then takes it back in.

I have no doubt it's been done, some of the stuff even our guy has done is spectacular.

Our guy went to a dealer in England after that that hailstorm you guys had.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
My bro has his own PDR company based in the Hertfordshire/Essex region.
Some of the dents he can get out are remarkable it's not only the size and depth of dents but the locations on the body as well.
Being from a Painter background I'm amazed at some of the dents he can get out without resorting to body filler and paint.

I believe the trick is to work the metal in concentric circles from outside in then tap the metal from the outside to reform the shape.