ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Painting Hubs - What Colour? Where From?

So my hubs are looking rather rusty. Thought I would spend a good few hours rubbing them down and re-painting them in the next couple of weeks. I've definitely got OCD.

I'm undecided on the colour. I have standard anthracite 182 wheels. I think silver will be too light looking through the spokes and black will be too dark. But I'm not sure. I thought I would go for a Grey to try and match the wheels.

Went to Halfrauds and various motor spares shops in a hunt for some paint but had no luck. Most had black or silver or maybe a grey if I was lucky. But I wanted to get heat resistant paint not just Hamerite as I do a lot of track days. Sometimes my alloys are boiling hot to even touch and I think the hubs would probably be up to a similar temperature?

So does anyone know where I can order some heat resistant anthracite metal paint please? I suspect some people might say you wont need heat resistant stuff for the hubs but I'd rather just get it to play safe rather than the small chance it will get too hot and have to paint them all over again! :cheers:

I read somewhere: "FOOOOOKING hell don't use hammerite - it turns soft and gooey when it gets hot - that s**t will be sprayed everywhere first time you use the brakes hard"

So yeah are there any places where you can get custom paints made up, like Halfrauds do for touch up kits, but where the paint is heat resistant.

Cheers :cool:

Last edited: