ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Painted interior in 182

Clio 220 PH2
Hi all,
I am going to be painting my interior in my 182 track car and I am undecided what colour to paint it any idea and does anyone have any pictures of what they have done in there's ? The car is silver if that helps haha
Many thanks
Ben

Clio 220 PH2
Silver. Nice a bright inside and easy to match.
I did think that but part of me wants it look like it has been painted if you know what I mean rather than just a stripped look. Part of me thought white as its really clean. I am just not sure

69CDAB48-95A9-4310-BFDF-9D968FD19EBB_zpstwtdcfn0.jpg

D2992350-ADC8-4EC8-AF00-D594658CA2C3_zpswa2yjxlm.jpg

Clio 220 PH2
This is very true I am steering towards white :)
I must admit yours looks really nice
The other option was gun metal grey ?

Clio 220 PH2
I painted mine silver to start with but thought it was a bit bright so changed it to anthracite.
silver
DSC_0533_zpscf1eeee8.jpg

anthracite
IMG_0942_zps453229e8.jpg

IMG_0944_zps1d2dcc03.jpg
Now that's made it difficult for me because that looks really good as well :)
What cage is that out of a matter of interest ?

Clio 220 PH2
It's a nice cage :)
Was the finish good with the spray can, it looks good from the pictures. Part of me was going to spray it at work where we have a spray booth and do it like that but if you can get a good finish with a spray can I might give it a go.
Did it take much prep or was it mask up and paint ?

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
I was happy with the finish.
Not much prep I just scuffed it up with a scotch pad panel wiped it and tack rag, masked everything up and sprayed.
If I get chance tomorrow I will get a better photo.

Clio 220 PH2
I was happy with the finish.
Not much prep I just scuffed it up with a scotch pad panel wiped it and tack rag, masked everything up and sprayed.
If I get chance tomorrow I will get a better photo.
That's not too bad i might give it a go see what happens. Did you have to have a heat lamp on it to let it dry or did you just leave it to air dry ?
That would be great thank you :)

Clio 220 PH2
94cd3dd6dc62155fb3cafc116a103328.jpg

3bb6dfc4c8fcd14b0d6df4418c157f1e.jpg

Don't know if they are better but the car is full of stuff so could not get a full photo
That has come out really good nice clean finish. I have a few more weeks to decide on the colour because I am tidying the wiring up at the minute and then I need to decide but to be honest mate that is a really nice colour and looks smart

Focus RS & '05 182
Mines silver with a white inside and it looks good mate. Just gets a little dirty quicker that's all!

Track 172 Cup
I'm thinking of painting the inside of my tack car after seeing some good job's just need to either fully strip it out or paint from the seats/B pillars back and mask everywhere up.

Clio 220 PH2
I'm thinking of painting the inside of my tack car after seeing some good job's just need to either fully strip it out or paint from the seats/B pillars back and mask everywhere up.
Go for full strip out and paint it :) I took 200kg out of mine it needs to be done ;)

Track 172 Cup
the rear end is fully striped out just debating on the front carpet and dash etc but I do still use it on the road a few times a week.

Clio 220 PH2
the rear end is fully striped out just debating on the front carpet and dash etc but I do still use it on the road a few times a week.
I did have the rear stripped out for a while until I put the car on a diet. It depends how far you want to go I know when I checked my carpet it was 11kg there is a lot of weight to be removed but the big question is can you live with all the extra noises it will make haha. If it makes any difference mine will be used on the road but will pretty much be track based. I wouldn't do it if it was your daily drive haha

Clio 220 PH2
Nah not a daily drive lol just now and again for nipping shops etc.
Go for it mate make yourself a race car for the road ;)
The worst case is if you don't like it just put it back in :) I had the same thought as you but now I have taken it out I was shocked at the amount of weight that came out I would do it