ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Paint peeling - Renault won't sort it....

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Just to give the old post a bump. Any progress with any of the issues?

Since having my car back from paint for 3 weeks paint has started to come off, i will get some pictures up in a bit but it is a mess!

Such a shame mate. Also people outside of the industry are told mistruths and told it's not warranty etc etc, customers feel they have no other options.

Use the legal system mate, trading standards etc. Independent inspections. Don't let big companies get away with that s**t. Especially after painting your car for the 3rd time! Probably over 500microns of paint on most parts. It's ridiculous!

S4 Avant
Just to give the old post a bump. Any progress with any of the issues?

Since having my car back from paint for 3 weeks paint has started to come off, i will get some pictures up in a bit but it is a mess!

Do the people spraying the car take no pride in their work? If I was painting something and had it back 3 times, I'd be so embarrassed I'd make sure it was done properly, regardless of time or cost.

GTD, Lupo
Such a shame mate. Also people outside of the industry are told mistruths and told it's not warranty etc etc, customers feel they have no other options.

Use the legal system mate, trading standards etc. Independent inspections. Don't let big companies get away with that s**t. Especially after painting your car for the 3rd time! Probably over 500microns of paint on most parts. It's ridiculous!

Final straw now! I have an appointment with a local solicitor next week. Will be pushing to reject the car and end my agreement. Should be interesting.

GTD, Lupo
Do the people spraying the car take no pride in their work? If I was painting something and had it back 3 times, I'd be so embarrassed I'd make sure it was done properly, regardless of time or cost.

Tell me about it! The lady at RUK told me they are the paint experts! Nice of them to leave the biggest bird s**t in the world on the roof of my car for the 3 week they had it!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
RUK are an embarrassment to themselves!

Let us know how things go Matt.
Can't believe paint can peel from a car as new as yours too! Mental

GTD, Lupo
Ok well here goes, just taken some more pictures and removed the clear film from the front of my car as they refused to do it incase they damaged the paint! They paint that they were then going to repaint!?!?!?

My Door trim now seems to be held on with sticky black stuff! Broken clips by any chance?
DSC_0378_zpscd163791.jpg

Good colour match
DSC_0373_zpsfa0ad86b.jpg

DSC_0372_zps825e5b86.jpg

Paint coming off behind passenger headlight
DSC_0371_zpsc20e4ae8.jpg

Alarm sensor in passenger door handle was ill fitting last week, now its disappeared.
DSC_0369_zps0e91d64c.jpg

DSC_0367_zps749fb306.jpg

Passenger side skirt, so much over spray and these marks
DSC_0365_zpsca9e677c.jpg

Under the passenger door trim it looks like the paint is creased where they have put them back on too soon
DSC_0361_zps539b40c5.jpg

DSC_0360_zps46cf3527.jpg

DSC_0358_zps6a670f57.jpg

All the way along... I tried to take the trim off but im guessing its been held on with more of the black stuff as it would not shift :banghead:

DSC_0363_zps854cf192.jpg

More on drivers door trim
DSC_0353_zpsffdb080a.jpg

Plus the trim is painted to the door!!! Which im also guessing is held on with black stuff!
DSC_0350_zps71080b3d.jpg

Rear wing painted to bumper and more creases!
DSC_0327_zps4be29c2e.jpg

Runs
DSC_0325_zpsa714f4c2.jpg

Various clips missing and broken!
DSC_0323_zps955e3a53.jpg

DSC_0321_zps1b42554a.jpg

DSC_0319_zps03bf7f47.jpg

More creasing
DSC_0313_zpsff971e21.jpg

Plus on top of it all the paint finish is dreadful. I still have lines around most panels and in places they have just sanded it back with a rough finish!

​I am slowly giving up!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
That is fcuking terrible! I don't have much else to say unfortunately :(

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
That's horrific. Gutted for you mate, hope you get somewhere going through the legal route!

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Thats unbelievable. 3 times and still not right? Did they actually hire a bunch of idiots to spray cars? Next you will see them spraying the panels a completely different colour and saying theirs nothing wrong with it! Although they havent even matched the colours when spraying it.

Hope you get it sorted mate. Shame to see such a nice car be ruined!

GTD, Lupo
Why did you actually drive the car away? I certainly wouldnt have.

That's an awful mess they've made. Hope you get it sorted

It was trailered to my house! This was done by Catservices also known as RUK import centre. Not so simple...

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
That is horrific mate and now beyond what I would consider rectifiable to factory standard.

The bit with the door creases, is the panel underneath meant to be mottled/textured? The paint finish looks utterly shocking!

And I don't have to say anything about the colour match.

It was trailered to my house! This was done by Catservices also known as RUK import centre. Not so simple...

I think you should be seeking them to buy it back off you. I personally would want rid and I think your entitled to be! (In my opinion, no clue on the law etc)

GTD, Lupo
That is horrific mate and now beyond what I would consider rectifiable to factory standard.

The bit with the door creases, is the panel underneath meant to be mottled/textured? The paint finish looks utterly shocking!

And I don't have to say anything about the colour match.

The door trims are a little textured from factory but the paint finish as a whole is dreadful. Im not 100% sure but i think i have found a pube in the paint on the drivers front wing, along with loads of defects! Most of the problems i have shown above are the obvious ones as my SLR does not like silver paint and wont focus half the time. The car looks great from a distance but the closer you look the more horrors you find.

I think you should be seeking them to buy it back off you. I personally would want rid and I think your entitled to be! (In my opinion, no clue on the law etc)

At the moment im just getting dates and info together for when i have my consultation with the solicitor. The next step is to get all the panels paint depth tested so i can see what is on each panel to back up my argument. Then after that i guess a letter from the solicitor saying the car is not fit for purpose and they will get one last chance to fix it. Its going to cost me but hopefully they are cost i should be able to recover from RUK along with other costs i have incurred due to the problems with the quality of their work.

We shall see...

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I'm gutted for you mate and if it was my car I wouldn't want it back.

Everyday of looking at it or washing it would puss me off. There's going to be so much paint on it now that id imagine the next step would be to strip all the paint off and bear metal the thing.

The paint work makes me very sad. :(

GTD, Lupo
Ok well I went and saw Nick at "Detail My Car" today (nice chap) to get some paint depth readings taken to try and figure out what the current state of play is.

finding we're as follows:

Bonnet = 125
Passenger door = 335+
Passenger rear wing = 466+
Boot lid = 116
Driver rear wing = 373+
Drive door = 398+

Spot what's been painted!

null_zpse9776ce1.jpg

:eek:

With the front wings being plastic I have no idea but I can only imagine its 500+ as these have been resprayed 5 times now!

Well I'm in with my solicitor tomorrow so hopefully I will find out where I stand. It's going to cost RUK thousands to get this car to a point at which I'm happy and I can't see it happening.

i went through all the paper work the other day and in the last 16 months the car has spent 89 days in the bodyshop!

Suzuki Jimny
Hi-jacking this thread again, mine went in for paint on thursday night. Got it back friday night and it looks like new.
The sprayer really did a quality job on it, even re-fitting the window with a new door seal :D
Very pleased :)

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
Hi-jacking this thread again, mine went in for paint on thursday night. Got it back friday night and it looks like new.
The sprayer really did a quality job on it, even re-fitting the window with a new door seal :D
Very pleased :)

24h turn around what did you have done... :/

Ok well I went and saw Nick at "Detail My Car" today (nice chap) to get some paint depth readings taken to try and figure out what the current state of play is.

finding we're as follows:

Bonnet = 125
Passenger door = 335+
Passenger rear wing = 466+
Boot lid = 116
Driver rear wing = 373+
Drive door = 398+

F**k sake, really am gutted for you mate.

You are going the right way about it getting the readings and photos though so you keep going.

Good luck with the solicitor.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Just rub it in why don't you Matt :rasp:

Gorms, I really hope you sort this, you seem like you're not willing to take any s**t, so I think you will. You've just got to be firm on it.

I don't see you being too far off just plain old requesting another car now/rejecting yours ffs.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Hope you get it sorted mate, really impressed that you're pursuing it and doing all the right stuff info wise.

Really hopeful of the right outcome. They clearly have an issue!