ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

paint cracking

03 clio 1.2 16v
Can any one help decided to paint my bonnet black so sanded it down primered i5 all was fine flatted it down primed it again let it dry and decided to out some colour on it and the bonnet now looks like snake skin all the paint has reac5ed have I missed a faze out or sumink

Did you use rattle can primer? if so that remains solvent sensitive even once dried, if you apply your top coats far to heavy, it will thin the primer, loosening it, as the top coat drys the surface tension will cause cracking. Could also be incompatible products, but its most likely application.........

Ideally you want a epoxy primer (esp if you have bare metal), followed by a 2K primer, but this isnt a DIY type of paint. Alternatively, start over, sand / wipe off all your paint with thinners down to good paint none solvent sensitive layers.

Last edited: