ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oxfordshire noob

'95 Astra :-(
Hi all,

I'm Sean.

I bought myself a 2002 Iceberg Silver Clio 172 last week. I looked at 10 Cliosports in total. So I now know all the usual bits that break/rust/wear ;)

I wanted a 182 but was too cheap to stuff up the extra cash :D I nearly had a '04 blue 182 for £4k but the girl changed her mind the next day when I was going to pick it up :( Apparently women are allowed to do that :evil:

A little previous car history, so make sure you are sitting comfortably...

Back in 2002 when I was looking to upgrade my J-reg XR2i, I nearly bought a Ph1 Clio but at the time they were £1k dearer than a 206 GTi so I went down the Peugeot route ;)

After a couple of years I sold my 206 GTi and bought my grandads Peugeot 405 GLX :eek:, which I still have. In between I bought a 205 GTi and carried out a Mi16 conversion, then changed suspension, engine mounts blah blah blah.

I had some back problems so I sold the 205. Then recently I have been getting rather bored of my Pug 405 so decided to buy something that I thought about in 2002. I got there in the end :D

Cheers,

Higgy.

'95 Astra :-(
Cheers for the welcome guys & gals :star:

Peperami - I am near a place called Wantage in South Oxfordshire.

Here are some pics:

Front_small.jpg

Side_small.jpg

Back_small.jpg

Got a bet on at work at the moment with my expected MPG. Going to see what it is after two tank fulls. Done about 340miles so far and computer says 41.7MPG!! Most of that is the slow 10mile slog to / from work.

Will be interesting to compare computer vs actual tank filling. Was getting 37MPG out of my Pug 405, 1.8ltr good old 8V engine ;).

Cheers.

Partner's Astra SRi
Hi Higgy. Not far from me, I'm in Didcot but hail from Wantage :)

Hope you enjoy your purchase! Jealous :(

I'll keep my eye out for you