ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

owning a V6 clio

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
i really really need one of these cars. i love my 172 but im so tempted to go balls out and get a ph1 clio v6.
are they really expensive to run tho? servicing costs ££££££££££????

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
so pound for pound id be happier keepin my 172? just love the look of a v6 tho and its a realistic bargain super car really isnt it?

172 Exclusive... For Sale
You know if i had a Clio V6 i'd probably want a more usable cheap-running second car...

it isn't the cheapest car to run, but you wouldn't expect it to be - I used to get 25mpg from ours, doing 20k miles a year.
servicing costs are not a lot different to a 172 to be honest - same intervals
tyres are expensive, but depends how hard you drive it on a daily basis, ours did around 15k road miles, plus 2-3 track days (including Spa) on a set of tyres
and the pleasure of driving one, if only for the look of it, is undeniable !!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
nah. if i got a v6 it would be the mk1 anyway. no offence to all mk2 owners but the mk2 front end doesnt do it for me.
25mpg doesnt bother me. my last car was a 2.8 so i got used to that.
just the servicing worried me and how often it had to be done.
insurance i got a quote for and wasnt too bad at all - cheaper than e36 m3.
my mates are all off buyin evos and s3's but they never considered a v6 clio!

v6 mk2
specialK said:
it isn't the cheapest car to run, but you wouldn't expect it to be - I used to get 25mpg from ours, doing 20k miles a year.
servicing costs are not a lot different to a 172 to be honest - same intervals
tyres are expensive, but depends how hard you drive it on a daily basis, ours did around 15k road miles, plus 2-3 track days (including Spa) on a set of tyres
and the pleasure of driving one, if only for the look of it, is undeniable !!

15 k miles!!!!! i could only get 6-7k out of a rear set of michelins. Trouble is when you start up a clio v6 you cant help but drive it hard!! you want to use the torque of the engine all the time. Servicing is very similar costs to 172/182. Brakes are prone to wear, especially the rears and genuine renault pads are about 280 quid!!!!

ive always had 2 cars so the v6 only came out to play on weekends etc, just buy a banger and keep the v6 for playtime!!

M

M7CUO_V6

Ive had my mk1 since febuary06. Bought it after owning two valvers. I saved up a few grand, was gona up-grade to a 172 cup after selling my valver, coz i had about 7k to play with.

Had been looking around for a nice cup for a ages, the v6 never seemed like an option because i'd never borrowed money for a car before. But i've always loved them.

I noticed the mk1 vees had come down to a sensible price. So i got an insurance quote and found it to be not to bad. So thort lets go for it, borrowed some money and got one.

I dont have to drive it much because ive got a decent work van to use. So basicly its just used for pleasure, not much else.

Compared to the valver it raggs fuel loads, but i do drive it hard most of the time(about15-20mpg) but its worth it, obviously the looks, but the noise is awsome! Everyone looks at you, males and females love it.

Driving at low speeds is a pleasure. Its not got the most blistering straight line speeds but get it on some twisty back roads on a dry day and its great fun, getting that back end sliding.

Only bad points i think is the lack of seats- can't get many mates in, and boot space.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
i might hang on a year then. get the best out of my 172, i still not bored of it yet and i get bored really easily.
only thing is, ive tried using my mums corsa to drive to work in manc and stuff and let her use my clio for her mile commute. but i cant do it. i get pissed off drivin bad cars cos its just too much hard work!! i need a run up to overtake a push bike in that thing!
if i had a v6 i wouldnt be able to not use it all the time thats main prob :(

I had the mk1 for over 2 years and loved every minute of it.... Like previously mentioned they aint that bad to run and service cost are same as 172/182... I also get bored easily but after owning Scoobies, Evos etc I can honestly say the V6 was the only one I never got bored with... Sold her in the end as had to do more travelling for work and lost the company car so replaced her with the Trophy which I love every minute of.. Good old Renault Sport!!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
its just the wow factor of them. if u saw a scooby or evo come down rd ud look at it and think hmmm nice, but u see a v6 and its like carmen electras walkin past u with her knockers out. im guessin maybe the evos and scoobs are a touch faster cos theyre easier to tweak or wateva but v6s are just a different league.

M

M7CUO_V6

ballbag04 said:
its just the wow factor of them. if u saw a scooby or evo come down rd ud look at it and think hmmm nice, but u see a v6 and its like carmen electras walkin past u with her knockers out. im guessin maybe the evos and scoobs are a touch faster cos theyre easier to tweak or wateva but v6s are just a different league.

You've hit the nail on the head there mate. Its always best to be unique i think.

If you want one and can afford one. Get one.

M

M7CUO_V6

wrx-172 said:
I had the mk1 for over 2 years and loved every minute of it.... Like previously mentioned they aint that bad to run and service cost are same as 172/182... I also get bored easily but after owning Scoobies, Evos etc I can honestly say the V6 was the only one I never got bored with... Sold her in the end as had to do more travelling for work and lost the company car so replaced her with the Trophy which I love every minute of.. Good old Renault Sport!!

If i were to replace my mk1 for any car now it would probably be a trophy or a racing blue 182 cup with the recaro's. How do you compare the trophy to the v6, for fun factor and perfomance??

I would imagine them to be just as quick and handle prod better... but its just not a v6 is it?

chunktrophy said:
15 k miles!!!!! i could only get 6-7k out of a rear set of michelins. Trouble is when you start up a clio v6 you cant help but drive it hard!! you want to use the torque of the engine all the time. Servicing is very similar costs to 172/182. Brakes are prone to wear, especially the rears and genuine renault pads are about 280 quid!!!!

ive always had 2 cars so the v6 only came out to play on weekends etc, just buy a banger and keep the v6 for playtime!!

most of the miles ours did was motorway, and you don't get much chance to "drive" it on the M1 everyday in traffic and then in London !!!!
wasted to keep it just for weekends, it needs to be tended to daily !!! ;)

Lionel Richie
i've been running it in properly kath, i managed to sipn the car on the A14 early tonight! (rear tyres are dead AGAIN) ;)

you promised me you wouldn't kill the car or yourself, not doing a very good job of keeping the promise thus far by the sounds of it !!! :mad: