ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oversteer the Clio Trophy!

RX8 231 + New Focus CC3
After watchin the renault promo vid for the trophy on YouTube decided to have a go at tryin to get my tomato to "slide."

Found large empty smooth carpark on Tues and went to see how i got on. Was quite wet but still had enough traction.

Could i slide the thing?? Could i F**k!
Not without a quick pull on the handbrake anyway...

Fast, slow, twitchin the steerin, lift off mid corner etc etc etc. No joy.

Anyone on here (who owns a trophy) been able to pull off a controlled sustained slide???

I don't have a problem makin a car slide usually but i'm stumpped!!!:S

Facelift R53 Cooper S
what kinda speeds were you doing, as you have to be going pretty fast to get lift off oversteer, well at least in my car anyway.................

RX8 231 + New Focus CC3
slow speeds up to prob round 50mph. any more and would ov run out of carpark lol! and the last thing i wanna do i prang the thing!

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Some large roundabouts near me when damp, it's possible to get a good slide going even with new tyres.

Diesel is the main reason;)

Looks like the V6 is the only mk2 clio the chavs can't afford yet!! I see they can afford the Trophys now by the looks of it.

clio sport f1 r27
Try sliding a 197 like Tiff Needle! That guy was drifting no less.

lol tbh if it wasnt for the computer on mine i dont think id be writing this last week taking a sweeping bend pretty much on its limit in wet around 80mph mark hit lose stones and sh*t a brick back end started to go and the light flashed and pretty much sorted it out instantly impressed:star:

ValverInBits
Greasy roundabout with the right radius I can do it at around 30mph with a well timed lift of the throttle.

Agreed. the back ends on these cars do shift.
Not like Mk1s 16vs and williams that are really really difficult to get any rear end slide

Try sliding a 197 like Tiff Needle! That guy was drifting no less.

lol tbh if it wasnt for the computer on mine i dont think id be writing this last week taking a sweeping bend pretty much on its limit in wet around 80mph mark hit lose stones and sh*t a brick back end started to go and the light flashed and pretty much sorted it out instantly impressed:star:

Kids and chavs buying Trophys now, whatever next? ^

People in Trophys sliding in carparks and pillocks doing 80 mph around corners "on its limit" (more like the driver's limit) in the wet.

The same thing is happening with the Clio as happened with the Punto. It's sad to see.

clio sport f1 r27
lol i dont have a trophy its an f1 and only 2 month old!.any way we all have a close call now and then other wise we wouldnt see so many crashes on here :)
its a road that am on prob on avrage once a day in the last 8 years so i know the road just they must have been doing some work on it the night before or something no excuse shouldnt have been gunning it so hard but was late no cars exept a mondao st behind me ;)

RX8 231 + New Focus CC3
Kids and chavs buying Trophys now, whatever next? ^

People in Trophys sliding in carparks and pillocks doing 80 mph around corners "on its limit" (more like the driver's limit) in the wet.

The same thing is happening with the Clio as happened with the Punto. It's sad to see.[/quote]

Not quite,

Got a few track days coming up, one of which is the nurburgring. Dont want to get caught out by the dreaded oversteer...

Useful comments much appreciated, others are not... :nono:

Last edited:

martynrg

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
alright R( )yle.

where bout in wigan you from?

Might come and watch your car park oposite lock show!!

RX8 231 + New Focus CC3
alright R( )yle.

where bout in wigan you from?

Might come and watch your car park oposite lock show!!

not perfected the show yet lol. i'm over at hindley green but always out and about...

only trophy i've seen round wigan, so if u've seen one in wigan it was prob me.

martynrg

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
nice one, i'll keep my eye open for ya.

yeah, i seen a few 172's & 182's about in wigan....but i can't remember seein any trophy's..........jammy b@stard ;)

Practice for the ring on the track days then, not car parks.

We get the local numptys trying to do similar around here, in car parks and industrial estates.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Never driven a Trophy in anger, but always read that the 182 w/cup packs was more adjustable, but the Trophy far more controlled and balanced (and quicker), so would expect it to be difficult to slide (at road speeds).