ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Overpriced maybe?

Since recently owning a 172, 53 reg, 18k, fsh, two owners, immaculate, I've been swatting up since joining cliosport on prices and feel the wife and I have paid over the odds for our 172, platinum, bog standard from a dealer. 2 years warranty, £9,500?

Im dreading the repsonse!

RB 182 FF/ CUP PACKS
The phrase "anal rape" springs to mind - but hey, if you were happy at the time, why worry ? You've bought a great car, keep it for a few years and it won't hurt so much. Just do your research next time, or take your own lube with you.

b****cks, knew it! Didnt go out with intention to buy one to be honest, saw it, drove it, ejaculated, bought it..... Very happy but hate to feel like ive been taken for a ride as i didnt do any research, Mr Spontanious is the name........

I knew I shouldnt have said anything! I'll know better next time..... I think the enthusiasm after the test drive gave away my negotiating skills....

RB 182 FF/ CUP PACKS
Takes me back to when I was shopping for a DC2 Integra. Cheapest one in Honda garages was £12,600. The one I ended up buying (which was the same age as the Honda garage one, but with 40,000 mile less !) cost me £9300.

The term, rubbing salt in the wound comes to mind!! It's the same as that one but it does have brand new yokies all round... I noticed on that car, the door decal is black where it will say 20 16v, should it be silver on all clio sports?

53 Clio's & counting
hey at the end of the day mate if ur happy then dont let it worry you,you have got a nice,low mileage car with a warranty,we have all payed over the odds for something in our lives and next time u will be more wary,but now dont let it get to you bud,if you and the wife are happy with it then keep smiling!

It's all good, we love the car and intend to keep it low mileage as my wife does about 4k per year, I only borrow it at weekends as I spend all week in my car...

Yep, it sure does, its not so bad, and Im getting up early tomorrow to take my wife to work in it which means I have it all day to play with! My car can remain on the drive for the entire easter break! I kinda knew it was overpriced as soon as I joined cliosport, live and learn rodders, live and learn!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
www.newcardiscount.com - £10,700

Got a trade in price on my Mondeo V6 which was a good price at the time I ordered it. I knew from this forum that waiting times over the summer shutdown were long (mine took 5 months) so I called them up and made them agree to hold/honour the trade in price they'd given me for it.

By the time the Cup arrived I'd put another 9,000 miles on it, and canvas was showing on all 4 18" tyres. It was worth at least another £1,000 less than the price they gave me for it...

So my Cup worked out to be about £9,700 at the most :D