ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

over filled oil....

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

oil gauge was showing loooow, so stuck a load in, checked it in car (as no dipstick) and it was under max, so put a bit more in!

went out did about 60 miles or so, noticed when i turned ignition off and on oil level gauge was maxed out, well over the max level point!

am gonna let engine col down and check again, but could this be a problem...? or will it burn it off?

ta

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

I would never go off one of them gauges,my mate done that on his saxo vts and it was blowing out the breathers and in the throttle body

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

i know its not bang on, but the gauge has always been fairly accurate in the past on my old valvers compared to the dipstick. as long as I know it has enough oil in thats all that matters like!

just wondered if it would be a prob if i put a tad too much in!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

left it a few hours, turned ignition on and its at max level now. altho after i shifted car, turned it off and on it did go up a bit more!

reckon it should be fine. once oil had all settled it wasnt overfull by the looks!

Caddy Maxi

ill have a spare one pretty soon mate and im only in sheffield, you can have it if you fancy popping round in the beast!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

i have no idea lol!

will have to ask Ben R why...lol but he did say it didnt have one! not that it was missing just didnt have one! weird!

This car needs to have oil changes with measured quantities if your unsure of top up amounts.

The gauge is accurate, when cold, and when on level ground.

It doesnt have a dipstick because it has bodies which the dipstick pokes right into.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

will be ok then. i thought it was topped up ok, as I kept checking it with the gauge from cold on flat land!

just after owning 3 valvers iv never seen the gauge go that high after a drive before! :)

what is the measured amount of oil it takes from empty ben?

about 6 including oil filter......IF you let it drain long enough to get everything out.

So between 5-6ltrs.