ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Our next meet-May, what do you want to do?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
​What would you like to do for our next meet in May? We're thinking we could organise a Sunday morning breakfast run, nice early start, go for a good drive, get some breakfast, chat some nonsense and drive again. But we want to know what you want to do so tell us!

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
A drive could be a good shout. I am going to try convince you and Dave the 19th is a good idea for Knockhill since the Focus is up on the betapped stand anyways :cool: and like Fraser I am away the weekend of the 11/12th.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
That's what I'd like everyone to decide! I've been to most areas so if people make suggestions of what area they would like to go to then we'll go to the most popular one.

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
When I first got my old mk3 there was a meet by the sea in St Andrews (Stu & Sponge will remember this) - decent enough drive up there and nice for photos. Just a thought...

H

HickiN

Something a bit more north than Edinburgh? (I think that was the last meet) - Dundee, Aberdeen, Montrose etc?

Dan.G

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Id be keen for st Andrews direction, decent roads and nice location. Will be at kh for first trackday of the year on the 19th with a load of folk so will see you guys there!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
What about if we do kind of do 2 meets in one? Northern half meet up and have a drive down a good route, southern lot do the same and we aim to be in St Andrews at the same time for a joint meet?

Dan.G

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
sounds like a good idea john. North lot could meet say Banchory so people up north who aren't from aberdeen dont have to come all the way in, then drive over Tomintoul road and down to st andrews. Then can just have a steady run back up the a 90 and folk can go their own way.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah thats the sort of thing I'm thinking, but as I say, a breakfast run so everyone can get home and get on with their day (nothing to do with the roads being nice and quiet at all...)

Dan.G

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Haha thats fine its about 2 and a half hour drive down over fettercairn, so as long as its not a ridiculously early start! Oh and I meant fettercairn road not the tommintoul road that would be just a bit of a detour!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
St Andrews for 10? Leave Aberdeen around half 7 and the central lot could leave around the same time and take a nice route.

Anyone know a good place in St Andrews for breakfast with parking?

Dan.G

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Yer that sounds good to me, see how many from up here we can get driving down! See so many in clios Aberdeen but dont seem to be many on here.

Not sure on the food front only ever driven through on the way to crail getting horrendous looks for disturbing peoples Sunday!

Dan.G

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Ah yer not had to park up on a sunday, surly for meeting/photos somewhere like here would be good?
edc47fde-7f8d-4dda-948e-ab87732f188d_zps54121cda.jpg
Could be far enough out the way for there not to be too many golfers and its quite nice for photos along there ...

FF Racing Blue 182
I'll need to pop along to one of these and stop being shy

Seems to be a few members from Aberdeen that's where my car spent 6 years of its life

Dan.G

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Yer perth may be better, means inverness folk can get down easily as well!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Perth isn't a bad shout mate. Decent drive. Sunday of course!