ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OSX Lion Thread

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Hmm can't upgrade if it'll f**k Parallels up, got a few VMs I need access to.

Anyone runnign with the new Filevault and the full disk encryption?

LOL at personal insults because you want pretty little icons for your favourites. What use is a 16x16 icon on a 2560x1400 27" iMac? Must look like a full stop.

I simply stating that the word Favicon is super gay, and you have to unleash the insults just because you have a higher post count and an orange name :(

I also have a better join date. 3 for 3.

Because Lion doesn't like my partitions I have to reformat everything and start from scratch. What a waste of money, I am not buying a external drive just to back up.

So if you have partitions set on your mac, when you upgrade to lion you have wipe it off and do it all again?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
The new scrolling is incredible. Who'd have thunk something so simple would make a massive difference to browsing.

Blurs the line nicely between full-fat OS interaction and iOS.

The only issue I've had so far is with a print production program I have to use for work. I sh*t myself at first, since I updated both my machines before looking into it. :eek:

Luckily, some kind soul on a design forum I use wrote a lovely little script for us all. <3

Lion is awesome.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I've never liked Safari and used Chrome but I may give it a try due to the high praise it is receiving here.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I've never liked Safari and used Chrome but I may give it a try due to the high praise it is receiving here.

It's super slick now. Can't say it feels as 'light' as Chrome did, but it's so much better integrated with Lion... obviously.

Z4
The new scrolling is incredible. Who'd have thunk something so simple would make a massive difference to browsing.

Blurs the line nicely between full-fat OS interaction and iOS.

The only issue I've had so far is with a print production program I have to use for work. I sh*t myself at first, since I updated both my machines before looking into it. :eek:

Luckily, some kind soul on a design forum I use wrote a lovely little script for us all. <3

Lion is awesome.

I agree, I've actually found it really easy to get used to which is strange. Seems more natural almost, makes sense to have it in keeping with iPhone/pad etc.

Quite like the duel desktops too

Citroen DS3 DSport
My mid-2009 MBP is running better with Lion and as a bonus I gained a extra 5gb of free HDD space.

Last edited:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah. I thought it was (to be honest) a lot of Apple marketing speak... but that feature has genuinely speeded up my workflow.

Ergo, more CS time.

We all win. Ish.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
For those of you that want to feel a little nostalgic.

I remember my uncle buying an iMac with OS9 on, was so excited at the time!

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing I don't like about Safari is the fact that you can't search from the address bar like in Chrome.

Takes up an extra 1 second of my life to press tab which should be spent more wisely imo.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
How zoomed in do you have it?

I think I prefer it smaller. :eek:

010537f8.png

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
For those of you that want to feel a little nostalgic.

I remember my uncle buying an iMac with OS9 on, was so excited at the time!

I subscribe to him. He has loads of old skool reviews etc. Interesting stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm desperately trying to get used to this normal or not so normal scrolling.

Put the hours in mate. It's worth it.

FYI Revels, I had the misfortune of using a Windows laptop today, and it wasn't an issue using normal scrolling again. You don't flick two fingers in Windows on a trackpad. I didn't find any readjustment necessary.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Took me 10 seconds to find my first bug. I launched safari and three fingered swiped to the dashboard and somehow managed to get safari in the dashboard rather than the desktop.

Oopsie.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
another prob with safari... if you open up tabs, sometimes it won't actually let you close the tab, the x won't appear if you click off the current tab on to another then back it most of the time fixes it or you have to close safari and re open it lol...

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
Tempted to upgrade, but will it affect my docs/applications? Really don't want to be installing Logic and CS5 again!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I've been umming and ahhing about whether to upgrade. Think I'm going to hold off for just now. Will probably upgrade to an SSD next year (and chuck some more ram in while I'm at it). I'll upgrade then I think.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
All of a sudden i can't 2/3 finger swipe forward and back on webpages. What option covers this in system preferences?

It's not reverse scrolling. It's proper scrolling. It's essential for the side gestures to work properly. Put the hours i and it feels like a massive iPhone. Pull the page down and push it up.

All of a sudden i can't 2/3 finger swipe forward and back on webpages. What option covers this in system preferences?

Use Safari.

I've been umming and ahhing about whether to upgrade. Think I'm going to hold off for just now. Will probably upgrade to an SSD next year (and chuck some more ram in while I'm at it). I'll upgrade then I think.

No offence but that's a gay idea. It works on an upgrade basis anyway so you may as well do it now.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Another bug,

I can no longer scroll through adverts. If the mouse is in the middle of the page and i scroll down over the advert, it just stops