ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OSX Lion Thread

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Re: Lion to be released this evening?

Yeah the GM has been out for ages. Whats your point?

SEAT Ibiza SC FR

Nowt. Just been running all the betas since the first.

Also GM is really f**king unstable, don't bother if you're thinking about it.

lol @ trying to get respect.

tumblr_liqbd5zfKn1qa7wzp.gif

SEAT Ibiza SC FR

Yeah. It's quite buggy. Especially the new version of Apple Mail. Loads of strange little bugs.

1998 BMW e46 323i

I use GMail, seems fine.

Only probs I have are slower boot up, and upon reboot all the previous apps/windows open, even when I've set them not to.

1998 BMW e46 323i

I use GMail, seems fine.

Only probs I have are slower boot up, and upon reboot all the previous apps/windows open, even when I've set them not to.

Inferno 182 CUP

nothing wrong with the GM - its the same f**king version as the app store will get you clown

SEAT Ibiza SC FR

I'm aware of that asshat. I'm just saying I'm having some bugs with it, Apple Software isn't perfect you know.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi

and yes, apparently there are bugs but nothing that can't be sorted with a minor update after release day.

If it's not on it already then you will be entitled to a free download once its out.

Think you totally got the wrong end of what I was asking there. I'm asking if upgraded MBPs are being released alongside Lion, so the current ones will replace the White Macbook as the cheaper older option.

Inferno 182 CUP

UK Apple stores have recieved there promotional material with instructions not to display it until 2PM tomorrow - they have an overnighter tonight to finish preloading all display models.

Looks like tomorrow PM is it

Inferno 182 CUP

Oh and Apple announced it in there quarterley sales conference 15 minutes ago :D

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

nothing wrong with the GM - its the same f**king version as the app store will get you clown

LOL. How you think you have the right to criticise anyone on anything Apple is mental.

Is your brain still running Jaguar?

Last edited:

What's the crack with installing it? Will a standard install keep your files and docs etc

Would it be best to install a clean copy, then TM backup to get your programs/files back?

I'm getting the hang of Macs, new to installing new versions of OS.

Astra Twintop

Apparently 1330 BST is the release time, today that is.

Inferno 182 CUP

in answer to your question - personally i would do a CCC backup before installing it to be safe - and then once you have done that just install it.

When i installed the GM it literally updated the OS and when it had done everything was still where i left it

Well I have two HDDs in my iMac. OSX is on my SSD which is backed up to the HDD using Time Machine.

So I was wondering if I can do a clean install on my SSD, then use TM to backup all my programs and data back onto the SSD with Lion on.

Citroen DS3 DSport

I'll attempt to download this tonight but I fear the servers will be at a crawl by then.