ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Osrams & Bluevisions

1.4 16v dynamique
Hey guys and girls, just finished changing all the bulbs on my car, took ages (2.5 to 3 hours!) but looks great now :approve: pics explain all

-various bulbs-
ac916958.gif

-before
c44d0b72.gif

-after-
c9484b99.gif

-before-
24875659.gif

-after-
fd5d0254.gif

-before-
d228a01e.gif

-after-
03772edd.gif

-testing osrams-
b9815732.gif

c0c5ab44.gif

will take some decent distance pictures tommorrow hopefully, i'm v pleased with it :approve: ...as u can probably tell lol

im not feeling the bluey greeny glow from the indicator bulbs...

silvervisions would have been a better choice imo.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
looking nice mate, i love the diadem indicator bulbs, got them in mine although i found most here dont like them lol.

how much did u spend on bulbs?! lol

1.4 16v dynamique
cheers garf, did all over them except the h7 passenger side bulb, it woz sooo annoying :mad: to the point i went diy on the screw :approve:

Megane RS 275 Trophy
fUbAr said:
im not feeling the bluey greeny glow from the indicator bulbs...

silvervisions would have been a better choice imo.

I have the same bulbs all round and I'm very happy with them but I do have a Monaco Blue car so they blend in more.

1.4 16v dynamique
cheers guys, each to their own i suppose i knew all about the green glow before i bought them, i just wanted to be different :rasp:

martin they cost approx £71 from powerbulbs

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I've just fitted blue visions to mine and to be honest compared to the xenon they are still yellowish. Hey ho they were free!

1.4 16v dynamique
chris have u tried the passenger side? i managed to do the drivers side within 5 minutes but i have lil baby hands....as i've been told :eek:

1.4 16v dynamique
waitey u got free ones aswel? for some weird reason i got 2 sets v strange indeed, any1 know if they'll fit a mk2 ph1 alize?

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I got them free of a mate. Joe we 172 owners have alot less space on the drivers side lol

You need a 'beadle' hand to get to it

beadle.gif

Last edited:
  Mégane RS
Waitey said:
I've just fitted blue visions to mine and to be honest compared to the xenon they are still yellowish. Hey ho they were free!

yeah i found that the silvr visions were still yellow compared to the xenons so i got some leds

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
_Joe_ said:
lol yea i presumed that, so is it as cramped as the passenger side?

Passenger side isn't too bad really. Still get the odd graze.

1.4 16v dynamique
thats bad stuff waitey, yea my hand is all red n a bit bloody now, u guys and ur obsession with colour coding :rasp: ...:sleepy:

:cool: i like em ..........osram do look better imo , quite dear as well if bought but wouldn't have em on the back though.

1.6 focus zetec....
I hate changing the bulbs on the passenger side...not so much the indicator bulbs but all the other one's.. As for your car it looks so much better like that...i changed my indicator bulbs a few days ago to silver visions and it looks a lot better :)

Kiza

Lux'd Glacier White R26
I put Osman Diadem on my front because i have a blue 182 and think they suit it very well. Blue on Blue..Nice.

Tyson.

Nike Lunar Elite's
Waitey said:

Silvatec bulbs are the way to go, no orange tint at all

Tangoed Works
HaHA ^^ , Ive put piaa terra led sidelights on my black 182, will get pics as soon as she comes back from the garage (shes having a pc polish). Were £37 but worth every penny! The only thing that initially put me off was having to splice in the resistor pack on the positive feed. Worth the extra effort. Had Diadems on my last black clio, so will be doing that again to my 182!!

Pic of the terras at night on someone elses DC5

PiaaTeraweb.gif

DC5piaa2.jpg

They really are as bright as they look, and as the clio is a totally clear headlamp they light the "ring" in the high beam section of the lamp. Awesome!

Golf GTI 1.8T
3 hours to change bulbs....why?? :S

looks better but I prefer silversions in the rears as it makes the whole lot look silver.

and the diadems look alright, they look the nuts in cups! :)

1.4 16v dynamique
cheers mitch, well i changed all but the passenger side in about 30 minutes, however the main beam bulb was a pain to repalce as i think the screw that holds it on was overtightened...also the fuse box n battery dont help lol

i'm off to test em out in the dark now, i'll take some more fotos :approve:

Tangoed Works
I got them from Carnoisseur in Gants Hill. I think Pri racing do them over the web on mail order though. Will hopefully get some pics today!!

Weird that the Diadems are greeny, mine have never exhibited any slight tinge of green in the real world. Safer than the Silvervisions either way though, still perfectly orange light and very bright. I think the very nature of indicators means that if you are going to have a really good orange glow when in use then you will get an orange tint from some angles when they aren't in use.

23994742-M.jpg

What are the Cool Blue's like? Osram Silverstar headlights are amazing but all the blue effect ones I've tried have been awful (apart from looking nice), I certainly wouldn't use anything but Silverstars now.

Vee dub
Agree with Ukaskew... the silverstars are awesome

I've just had my osram cool blue sidelights through to compliment the main bulbs.. the normal bulbs are simply dreadful in comparison!

1.4 16v dynamique
ukaskew, cool pic, ur diadems seem different to mine, v strange, they do suit ur car v well tho
the blue visions r good, they dont seem blue to me tho, dont think i've had the car long enough to remember what they were like before lol

i took some pics last nyt, just been checking them, i'll post em up now

1.4 16v dynamique
heres the ones i did last night... i really need to learn how to take photos

0d8e85b6.gif

ccdb80b4.gif

5474e417.gif

6401e401.gif

27f0f871.gif

61f6b6dd.gif

6c46aae1.gif

cool blue doesnt look very blue at all, they're super bright tho and thats what matters, safety first and all :cool: