ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ordered the rs tuner

OK after some time thinking about it i finally decided to go for it! so its on its way! the only Question i have is about these files i get from the web site! i have a Clio mk 2 sport 172 2004. Now i keep hearing about all these different files like ron99 or group_N files. now that is confusing me! Can some one give me a little push in the right direction on where to start! cheers

RB 182
Contact them with the spec of your car (i.e the mods) and then they will recommend the files. It seems the RON99 files are the favourite ones at the moment.

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
It all depends waht mods you have mate, if you just have SS exhaust and filter stick to 99ron. Group N for more heavily modded. Or you could try both type to see which one you preffer - wont do any harm

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
Well, you will need to wait until the rs tuner kit arrives. When you plug it in it will tell you what software your ecu is running. Mine was 6000, so i upgraded to software 6400.

Yours is a newer car than mine, so you will have a different software version.

Wait until you get it all plugged in and then you can determine what version to upload. Henk will be at the end of his email to answer if the manual doesnt put it clear.

The .rst files are complete ecu writes and the .cal files are partial writes.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
I went with group-n, haven't tried 98ron but very happy with it :), current mods are power flow & itg pannel filter but will hopefully have a silenced de-cat in the next couple of weeks too top it all off :approve: .. then i better stop as its getting fairly quick & erm.. expensive lol.. although thinking about it matched inlets could be a nice touch too:cool:

so if i have software version 6000 - 6900 i can have the group N full ecu re map but if its 7300 + il go for the .rst part files? think i am on the right lines?

arctic 182 ff
once you get the kit and download all softwear and have a good read of the instruction manual it will become much more clear,i was same as you bit unsure as to what softwear to go 4 before i got it.Ive added the group n file at the beginnig of the week and what a difference compared to the part write 98ron(i was running this for about 3 weeks and was impressed with that) my car has responded better to the group n with the mods i have what a brill piece of kit !

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
so if i have software version 6000 - 6900 i can have the group N full ecu re map but if its 7300 + il go for the .rst part files? think i am on the right lines?

7300 would be .cal file which is partial write. .rst is full :) but yes ur getting it:D