ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ordered my coilovers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
why do you say it's "another advert"? Adverts mention price and push the products in people's faces... Fred didn't make this thread as far as I can tell? ;)

They are GDI coilovers, GDI make them, price is on asking and the difference is they are better... why give the game away and say they do blah blah blah then have some other 2-bit opperation go and market the idea as their own? It's not a case of being secretive, it's more to protect the interest of Andy's business seeing as certain people like to constantly bring their name down.

People that are interested have been asked to speak or go see Andy and go out in the car for 1st hand testing and proof of what they can do... just to leave no doubts in people's minds. Surely proving the product is worth more than a load of figures that the end user (on the whole) wont understand?

lift number 1 @ btm
i've just spoken to gdi. they are being made by an ex leda engineer, from casings bought from the same place that leda used to buy from. and for a two way adjustable set you are looking at £2300...........

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
why do you say it's "another advert"? Adverts mention price and push the products in people's faces... Fred didn't make this thread as far as I can tell? ;)

They are GDI coilovers, GDI make them, price is on asking and the difference is they are better... why give the game away and say they do blah blah blah then have some other 2-bit opperation go and market the idea as their own? It's not a case of being secretive, it's more to protect the interest of Andy's business seeing as certain people like to constantly bring their name down.

People that are interested have been asked to speak or go see Andy and go out in the car for 1st hand testing and proof of what they can do... just to leave no doubts in people's minds. Surely proving the product is worth more than a load of figures that the end user (on the whole) wont understand?

Not true my GDI loving friend, HYPE in itself is an advert.

I wouldn't buy a cat in a bag, neither would you. The lack of details is not going to help potential sales. Not even so much as a link to a GDI product page.

Pure Hype. and if any of the other guys who tweak on here did it i would post the same.

lift number 1 @ btm
thats what i thought too! it sounds like the service behind them is pretty comprehensive, they are designed and built to spec. but so were my kw's for £1300.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Well if its leda related stuff id be shouting from the rooftops.

Seems strange to be so secretive yet dan posts several threads about them giving no useful detail. Odd.

£2300 is a high end product but its not unrealistic.

clio 200 F4Rt
thats what i thought too! it sounds like the service behind them is pretty comprehensive, they are designed and built to spec. but so were my kw's for £1300.

but will they be a £1600 noticable difference over a set of H&R's?

i somewhat doubt it.

Will be interesting to see them tho, and its good that the scene is moving forward, and new products being developed!

So there using a leda engineer and leda suppliers to build a Leda copy then charging 1k more then Leda did due to increased overhead and smaller production runs?

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
I know that whe Leda went bust alot of the production line was bought up by a few of the employees,

I have been to the LEDA Factory and there work is spot on, there were some very expensive race preped machines in there (Porsche, 360 etc) It makes sense why there is a lot of hype behind the product, £2300 for a Leda kit seems very reasonable.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Possibly best not to assume, but they leave us with little choice.

lift number 1 @ btm
like i said, the service behind it all sounds spot on. they have a computer program to calculate the rates, etc. the dampers are re-buildable, re-valveable. etc. i personally wouldn't pay that much.

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
It would be really nice if Andy actually posted a press relase on the forum making us aware of what the kit is and what it actually offers,

I am sure that if he did this the possible sales that could be made would increase.

I know that whe Leda went bust alot of the production line was bought up by a few of the employees,

I have been to the LEDA Factory and there work is spot on, there were some very expensive race preped machines in there (Porsche, 360 etc) It makes sense why there is a lot of hype behind the product, £2300 for a Leda kit seems very reasonable.

I have a Leda kit on my car and rate it very highly. I paid £900 for it in a group buy organised on Cliosport a couple of years ago...

Clio v6
It would be really nice if Andy actually posted a press relase on the forum making us aware of what the kit is and what it actually offers,

I am sure that if he did this the possible sales that could be made would increase.

Would be viewed as advertising and removed pretty quickly. Perhaps Fred could post it for them? ;)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
The sooner we have a dedicated product showcase area the better, JR it wouldnt be deleted if he gave specs/pricing. afaik.

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
LOL

I understand that, but maybe if these company's paid for the advertising options they could have there own sub forum for there products.

It would just be nice to get the technical details of what you are paying for, not just the "oh they are great and they make my car handle like its on rails"

lift number 1 @ btm
thats what andy told me. but the possible spec is massive. so maybe you have something different? are yours two way adjustable?

lift number 1 @ btm
^ i'm definately not staff! i'm not even interested in a set, just fed up with all the "buy them they are great" threads but no information.

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
Unless someone actually pipes up then its anyones guess.

You said it before me, for all we know they could be gold plated with a life time warranty on them, for £2300 that would be fine.

The sooner all the details become available the better. If I had a brand new product that was meant the be the best ever I would want people to know about it.

If GDI are so worried about the technical details becoming public, get them patented.(SP???) At least that way not every Tom, Dick or Harry can go out and make the same kit for less.

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
^ i'm definately not staff! i'm not even interested in a set, just fed up with all the "buy them they are great" threads but no information.

We appriciate the information you have found out. Its down to GDI to inform us of exactly what we would be getting for our money.

We appriciate the information you have found out. Its down to GDI to inform us of exactly what we would be getting for our money.

What information have they found out! Neither of them know what they have been quoted for and for some reason Dan R wont tell us how much he has paid.

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500

What information have they found out! Neither of them know what they have been quoted for and for some reason Dan R wont tell us how much he has paid.

We have found out that the units are of LEDA Origin, so we know what sort of quality that we are looking at. There are possibilities of 2 and 3 way adjustability. The only real problem is we have no firm prices.

Its not really down to Dan R to have to tell us how much he has paid for them, he may of had a discount or a special price was sorted out for the first batch.

172, Tiguan
For god's sake i'm so bored of these Leda copy threads being posted all the time. Dan, you've done this twice now and frankly all its doing is causing a guessing game. Unless something usefull gets posted asap we'll have to lock it again.

And James/Jon, i wouldn't keep making digs at Fred, he seems to have calmed down a hell of a lot recently which is commendable, more than i can say for the GDi cronies.

And no we aren't taking sides or premoting one over the other. Not one of the moderating team gives a hoot, we just want to see this farsical bickering to come to an end.

Status
Not open for further replies.