ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Orange - Ending Contract Issues.

Si

RS Clio 172
I've had a falling out with Orange....

I had an 18 month phone contract with them before owning an iPhone. When i purchased my iPhone I rang orange to explain that I would like the end the contract after 18 months (I still had a month and a bit remaining at this point). All seemed well, the guy was very helpful and even offered me a pay & go sim card with my Orange number so I could continue to use my old number & phone if need be. Happy days! Or so it seemed....

2 months go by and I've had a couple more bills. I knew there was definitely one left to come, so just went with the flow with the 2nd and didn't think much of it. (Says something about my financial planning!) Then a 3rd bill came through, this was when I realised my contract was not cancelled after the 18 months as I first thought.

So, straight away I ring orange and explain that I rang a few months ago to end my contract and it hadn't happened and it has resulted me in paying 1 (or maybe 2) extra bills. They go on to explain that in order for my contract to be terminated I had to have activated the pay & go simcard which they sent me. I was a bit annoyed at this point as this was definitely not made clear to me in the original phonecall.

Once again, the guy on the phone was very helpful. He explained that it happens quite a lot but there was not a lot he could really do, although he did cancel my direct debit, activate this stupid pay & go sim card and refund me one of the 2 months bills I paid by accident. He said this was the best he could do and if i wanted to take it further I'd have to write a letter etc. etc.

So that's that call over with, I then rang my bank to confirm the direct debit had been cancelled. It had. Happy days. Or so it seemed....

Today I recieved another letter from Orange, this time saying that I have failed to pay a bill and that i should do it quick smart
tongue.gif
before they take further action. Not only this but I'm yet to recieve the refund they promised me.

I'll ring them tomorrow....

Anyone else had similar problems?
progress.gif

I got a fairly decent refund out of Orange. You just need to write the letter properly.

Call Orange again and explain and then write a letter and get the money back.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
PAYG FTW, hate contracts, never had a bill thats been right IMO.

Shed.
I hate contracts, im on one at the moment, but its the first one ive had in about 4 years. Preferred payg with the genie sim, £15 for 1000 texts and the rest of the credit is yours was always nice, but i decided seeing as i was texing so much it would be more beneficial to get a contract. My first phone bill was £90 whoop......