ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Orange Coolant

Does anyone know what brand or type of coolant the orange I currently have in my coolant system is?

The service history for my car was mainly Renault so Im just wondering if its used by Renault?

I know Type D is only recommended, Ive spoke to a Renault mech who says they use all types in the dealership servicing department.

My plan is to fit a new expansion tank with fresh type D anyway unless someone says its fine.

FF Clio 182
I believe the Renault TypeD stuff is yellow so maybe somebody has added something extra into it. Mine atm is green and I topped it up with some stuff that is blue.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
type D is a greeny yellow luminuous (sp )colour.

i dont think it really matters which colour it is aslong as you dont mix the two types!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Renault Type D is green, if your car had a coolant change at the dealers on the cheap they may have used Motrio coolant which is orange/red.

Yeah I used Type D when changing my grandads 1.2 coolant, Its like radioactive piss.

Cheers Alastair that sounds like what Ive got, its orange red. Will try and change it for type D next service.

I've got a quick question... does the car need to be hot i.e. thermostat open, and will this allow ALL the coolant to come out.. Because like said Id rather flush with water and not have any mixes of coolants.

Twingo Dynamique
My top tip would be to not let it drip onto you... smells like fishy ***** and doesn't wash out easily... especially your hair ;)

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
renaults own coolant is green and it goes orange with age.
​2 types of motrio stuff one orange one blue

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
get some decent coolant system flushing fluid and put it in with water. flush it through, empty and refill with TypeD.

all i did was put a rattle can cap full of TRF in the coolant tank filled the system with water, ran it upto temp, dumped, flushed with fresh water and then refilled with typeD

So dump the old, put the hose back on fill again with fresh water after flushing, let that cycle round and then dump the water and refill with coolant right?

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
yes.

dump old, hose ( s ) back on
fill system back up with water ( add coolant flush with it if you wish) run upto temp
dump again
refill with type D run upto temp and bleed the system.

remember to turn the heaters onto hot to flush the heater matrix through aswell.